• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan

*FreeFua*

12 minutes ago, Joe Bear said:

Didn't help Young? I think they helped him a lot. He didn't help himself.

That was the most infuriating part of these national people's narrative.

They didn't help him? Good lord that is all they tried to do. And they did. 

Defense has to go to bed hungry every night because he got all the good stuff. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, strato said:

That was the most infuriating part of these national people's narrative.

They didn't help him? Good lord that is all they tried to do. And they did. 

Defense has to go to bed hungry every night because he got all the good stuff. 

Before he played his 17th game....

3 HCs (current a first timer), 2 OCs (both first timers), 2 completely new offensive schemes,  a combo of OL that might break a calculator trying to figure out the number of unique lineups. 

Neither of the 2 HCs let him rep preseason games going into either season.  Current brand new O playing to his weaknesses....that features new WRs to learn, OL to trust, etc. 

Saying but we paid for 2 guards and added new WRs....doesn't change the blender they put him through. 

The pass folks give this org is crazy.  Yes, Bryce Young is not a NFL QB.  It was a mistake to draft him.  I'm glad he is benched.  But I can say all that....and still acknowledge what a joke this org was doing all they did.  They drafted Bryce Young (which was a mistake) but then they handled that as badly as one could imagine.  

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

Before he played his 17th game....

3 HCs (current a first timer), 2 OCs (both first timers), 2 completely new offensive schemes,  a combo of OL that might break a calculator trying to figure out the number of unique lineups. 

Neither of the 2 HCs let him rep preseason games going into either season.  Current brand new O playing to his weaknesses....that features new WRs to learn, OL to trust, etc. 

Saying but we paid for 2 guards and added new WRs....doesn't change the blender they put him through. 

The pass folks give this org is crazy.  Yes, Bryce Young is not a NFL QB.  It was a mistake to draft him.  I'm glad he is benched.  But I can say all that....and still acknowledge what a joke this org was doing all they did.  They drafted Bryce Young (which was a mistake) but then they handled that as badly as one could imagine.  

I might be back on the warpath soon enough but right now, it has been a miserable pastime since March 2023 when the trade was done I guess, and the Bryce love affair began. 

I feel good and am looking forward to seeing a game for the first time since 2022. I don't feel like a totally bitter fan since they lifted that 180 pound weight off the our backs.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, strato said:

I might be back on the warpath soon enough but right now, it has been a miserable pastime since March 2023 when the trade was done I guess, and the Bryce love affair began. 

I feel good and am looking forward to seeing a game for the first time since 2022. I don't feel like a totally bitter fan since they lifted that 180 pound weight off the our backs.

I mean, I'm looking forward to seeing XL, Sauders and Mingo hopefully get some real work.  I was done with Bryce before the season started just because I know he doesn't have the tools. 

but I'm still not going to excuse the folks in charge here from what they did.  They are like the Bryce Young of running a football org. 

• Pie 1

Don't really blame Dan for the WR room. He had to upgrade complete trash in one offseason and he did the best he could. Thus far the WR room looks great. Sanders has looked good for a fourth round pick at a position that notoriously takes a few years to become good at in the NFL. 

If XL gets more playing time and makes some plays I'd actually consider this offseason a success. 

Oh and trading down with the Rams looks like a stroke of genius atm 

• Pie 1

My biggest complaint against Morgan is this.

Ok, this is clearly the worst roster in the NFL. Some say its the worst in 10 years since hue jackass and the 1-31 bungals run.

You had 7 draft picks, one in rounds, most at the start said round.......... NOT one of them can even start on this pathetic roster??

You drafted TWO LBs after giving a 30 millionish deal to LB.......then you trade one of them since its looking like hes not a LB.

just wasted the biggest resource to improve this team, the best hope is 2025 for that group..... 

8 hours ago, rodeo said:

If they were building an O for Bryce, it would have focused on WRs who are great at scramble drills. Our WRs don't even know what a scramble drill is, on at least one of his sacks this Sunday he had left the pocket to try to create something and the WRs never even looked back at him and just continued their routes.

If we were building an O for Bryce we'd need Nightcrawler at WR. It's the only way Young would consistently be able to get the ball into his WR's hands. 

8 hours ago, rodeo said:

If they were building an O for Bryce, it would have focused on WRs who are great at scramble drills. Our WRs don't even know what a scramble drill is, on at least one of his sacks this Sunday he had left the pocket to try to create something and the WRs never even looked back at him and just continued their routes.

Why would they bother trying to get open for a scramble drill.  They were probably open before he even left the pocket.  Either way, they knew he wasn't going to throw them a catchable pass anyway.