• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RUMOR: Bryce Young 'pissed' at being benched for Andy Dalton

FutureDynasty

4 minutes ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

His failure has nothing to do with knowledge. He is shell shocked. If all it took was recognition and S2, your neighborhood high school nerd would be the all-American Qb leading to state championship after state championship

And here we go. 

You do not know that--if you can't read a defense, that would be under the "knowledge" category. Do you see evidence that he was reading defenses, either pre or post snap?  I don't. Blitzes, coverages, matchups--I don't see it. I agree that he is shell shocked, but there is also a point when being "shell shocked" (a temporary condition) becomes complex trauma. The rest of your post is you putting words in my mouth--never said "all it takes was recognition and S2", for example. 

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Ha ha.  He has more than one problem, but if it makes you feel better, being your size can be an advantage.  I mean, when it rains, you are the last to get wet.  (I am an optimist)

You can also fit into tight spaces much easier, like if you need to get into a crawl space.  It's probably easier to find clothes that fit.  You can fit into a Miata comfortably, which is a fun car to drive.  You can buy a regular sized bike frame and it will fit you.

There's plenty of hidden advantages to being Bryce sized.  It's just playing in the NFL isn't one of them.  But hey, I'm big enough to play QB and I never would have sniffed college football.

• Pie 1

Just now, RaginCajun17 said:

This is a total non-story….click bait.

Of course he’s not happy nor would anyone else.

Yeah, and it is not consistent with what we KNOW of his demeanor.  I guess the reaction should have been more humble, a demonstration of his shortcomings, not entitlement.  We gave him nearly twice as many games to demonstrate his ability to play QB that we did Clausen.  While he is making millions, our fans are spending millions.  If true, getting pissed is probably not the reaction that fans would have expected.  But you are right--it is what it is. 

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

You can also fit into tight spaces much easier, like if you need to get into a crawl space.  It's probably easier to find clothes that fit.  You can fit into a Miata comfortably, which is a fun car to drive.  You can buy a regular sized bike frame and it will fit you.

There's plenty of hidden advantages to being Bryce sized.  It's just playing in the NFL isn't one of them.  But hey, I'm big enough to play QB and I never would have sniffed college football.

You can also see up mini skirts at parties. 

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Bryce showed up looking the damn same this season. After a historically bad season I thought maybe he’d at least attempt to add some muscle but nope.

This is my thing.  I thought all NFL players had to hit the weight room in the offseason, develop a nutrition plan, etc.  Even when Bryce was at Alabama, I've been unable to find any strength-training info on Bryce.

No forty time recorded EVER, no squat or bench estimates.

People compare his height to Kyler Murray, but Kyler Murray is freakin' JACKED at that height.  Jalen Hurts is also short but he squats 600 POUNDS.

I really want someone to ask Saban or the Panthers S&C coaches about Bryce's weight-room habits.  

He was playing video games all summer, did he LIFT or THROW or anything? 

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, RaginCajun17 said:

This is a total non-story….click bait.

Of course he’s not happy nor would anyone else.

Everyone trashing Bryce.

Meanwhile Tepper sitting back chilling. Traded future assets for a bust QB. But let's all blame Bryce he was the problem.

I'm tired of this blaming the QB nonsense. Tepper is the person who should be blamed.

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Everyone trashing Bryce.

Meanwhile Tepper sitting back chilling. Traded future assets for a bust QB. But let's all blame Bryce he was the problem.

I'm tired of this blaming the QB nonsense. Tepper is the person who should be blamed.

If you think no one is blaming Tepper, you aren't paying attention...

• Pie 6

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Everyone trashing Bryce.

I blame him for drafting him in the first place

• Pie 1