• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RUMOR: Bryce Young 'pissed' at being benched for Andy Dalton

FutureDynasty

41 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Back to his old ways

Man I f**king hate Tepper. Really sucks he bought the Panthers. I was 11 in 1995 when I watched them play in the Hall of Fame game against Jacksonville with my older brother (RIP) and have loved them since, but Tepper tests my fandom every season. The past few seasons I have never been so apathetic towards the Panthers and it just keeps getting worse as the years go by.

Edited by FutureDynasty
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

This is what Bryce said on the Panthers website in January: 

"I haven't really had that time to reflect (yet) and to do that self scout," Young said Monday. "I'll definitely sit down, I'll watch every snap, go through it, chart things, figure out strengths and weaknesses, all that stuff. I don't wanna just say something random and it not be the truth. But, I'll know when I get a chance to do that."

Let's break that down:

• "I haven't really had that time to reflect (yet) and to do that self scout,"  (Yes you have.  Every week you have watched film and if you watched it properly, you reflected.  That reflection takes you into the weight room, team meetings, playbook, film room with a position coach, etc.  This is a cop out, imo.  He is dodging the question/issue.
  • "I'll definitely sit down, I'll watch every snap, go through it, chart things, figure out strengths and weaknesses, all that stuff."  This is very ambiguous. Go through WHAT?  Chart WHAT?  WHAT stuff?  Understand that Bryce has already watched every snap and he should already know his weaknesses and strengths.  If the topic is the offseason workout program, THAT is what he should be planning.  He should already know the other stuff.  Is it up to Bryce to figure out his weaknesses?  Is nobody coaching him?
  • "I don't wanna just say something random and it not be the truth."  To me, this is the most interesting statement.  This suggests that he is being evasive and there is a separation between what he is willing to share with the press and what he is going to do about it.  The season is over and he is not ready to commit to his strategy over the offseason to improve.  Does he know his habits and does he know that he will not be doing what the fans and coaches want him to do?  Does he mean, "I don't want to say something now, not do it, and then be held accountable later?"
  • I'll know when I get a chance to do that."  Again, an evasive answer.  After a 2-15 season, knowing what the franchise gave up to draft you #1 overall, would a leader leave the building by making statements like this? 

Obviously it is difficult to psychoanalyze someone by pulling quotes from an interview, but I can say that I am familiar with leadership styles and effective strategies.  I taught doctoral courses in organizational leadership at Gardner-Webb a few years ago, and we would take statements from leaders following a crisis and analyze them in groups or round-table discussions.  What I see here is evasive and rather narcissistic.  I do not mean egotistical, but the focus is on the self.  There is no mention of seeking input from others.  No vision of what it is going to take to turn it around, and there is seemingly little empathy for his followers' hardships and needs.  I also see a failure to commit to doing what he knows must be done, as if he has been successful without doing what other successful people do.  He is a polite victim of his own shortcomings and seems to have no idea what he is going to do about it.  That is my take, and often these takes prove to be wrong, fwiw.

He also generally seems MUCH less engaged in the complexities of the game than advertised. 

People thought he was some Kuechly on offense, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. He’s just polite and PR wise, a very well-coached guy. He’s not as cerebral as people mentioned. Doesn’t seem like a film nerd, football geek, and is rather laid back, has this "aww shucks, I'm trying my darnest" good-guy type energy that knows how to say the right things. And just because you can say and recognize what to do, doesn’t mean your execution is good. Or your processing is great. Plenty of bad QBs have looked good in that Gruden school for example.

The media is really clinging to the organizational failure and how we’ve done him dirty, but there is a large non-physical issue that hasn’t had a focus…and it’s because he’s this good guy. Embedded in the LA sports scene. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

He also generally seems MUCH less engaged in the complexities of the game than advertised. 

People thought he was some Kuechly on offense, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. He’s just polite and PR wise, a very well-coached guy. He’s not as cerebral as people mentioned. Doesn’t seem like a film nerd, football geek, and is rather laid back, has this "aww shucks, I'm trying my darnest" good-guy type energy that knows how to say the right things. And just because you can say and recognize what to do, doesn’t mean your execution is good. Or your processing is great. Plenty of bad QBs have looked good in that Gruden school for example.

The media is really clinging to the organizational failure and how we’ve done him dirty, but there is a large non-physical issue that hasn’t had a focus…and it’s because he’s this good guy. Embedded in the LA sports scene. 

They are completely neglecting the main thing they pushed which is his processor. Literally why he was at the top of the boards. 

He has been slow to process, late with the ball, he isn't showing any kind of processing superiority. 

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, strato said:

They are completely neglecting the main thing they pushed which is his processor. Literally why he was at the top of the boards. 

He has been slow to process, late with the ball, he isn't showing any kind of processing superiority. 

I think he is actually processing fine, but all the throws that he does see, he knows he can not make. Like he sees a crossing route open, knows what to do, but knows that his arm won’t get it done on that play, so he hesitates and then goes to his second read. Same thing happens again, but now he’s gotta make something happen or take another sack. He really does need Alabama open. 

He can be mad at himself. His one glaring weakness, arm strength, he chose to do 0 work on this off season. 

He could have done something to bulk up but he didn’t. I wish I could have seen SS89’s face when he heard that BY played video games and watched tv this offseason. 

23 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Tepper has the right to talk to the players if he wishes. As long as he keeps his spoon out of the sauce and let's the football people handle everything else.

That aint happinin.....billions of dollars allows you to transcend logic. Its the biggest reason why we suck....Animals in the wild to follow the weakest azz hole...for a reason.

Edited by Johnstonny

9 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

I think he is actually processing fine, but all the throws that he does see, he knows he can not make. Like he sees a crossing route open, knows what to do, but knows that his arm won’t get it done on that play, so he hesitates and then goes to his second read. Same thing happens again, but now he’s gotta make something happen or take another sack. He really does need Alabama open. 

He can be mad at himself. His one glaring weakness, arm strength, he chose to do 0 work on this off season. 

He could have done something to bulk up but he didn’t. I wish I could have seen SS89’s face when he heard that BY played video games and watched tv this offseason. 

I am with you on that. It was the motivation for me to start question his ability to play in the NFL, let alone be the top dog in a draft. That will slow you down and make you hold the ball. 

And run around like it's a playground. 

I don't think he is processing though at any kind of S2 speed. But you know what? I don't have to fuging live with him in my head any more and it won't long before I just close the book and move to the next one.

So we aren't going back and forth over it, you can have all that opinion you want with no objections from me. 

We have lost so much time and assets messing with this guy... 

edit: he did work on that arm, in the sense that he triedt o change all his base and technique.

And it looked like it helped his ball flight, but he bailed on it 15 minutes into the first game. It is just too far gone to change. 

Edited by strato

8 hours ago, FutureDynasty said:

According to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN CO@CH K1LL@H is big mad.

"Per ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, one person described Young as "pissed" about being replaced by Andy Dalton as Carolina's starter."

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10135884-nfl-rumors-bryce-young-pissed-by-panthers-benching-for-andy-dalton-amid-struggles.amp.html

C0@CH K1LL@h.jpg

Lol. Too damn bad, nerd.

7 hours ago, rayzor said:

lebron is lewrong.

it's absolutely 100% on bryce.

and whatever work bryce was putting in, it wasn't enough. amp it up and ramp it up.

LeBron has watched zero seconds of Panthers football, probably not even a youtube highlight clip.  He's just stirring poo up.