• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RUMOR: Bryce Young 'pissed' at being benched for Andy Dalton

FutureDynasty

I think it is funny that we give first and second round picks more time to develop than we do a seventh rounder.  In my view, a first rounder should have a brief learning curve and then moderate success by the end of the first year.  Were it not for the Green Bay game--when we scored 30 points and Bryce had over 300 yards passing,  one can see a digression towards the end of the 2023 season.  Between weeks 4-8 last year (one was a bye) Bryce had 4 consecutive 200+ yard games.  As you can see in the screenshot below, the last 200+ yard game is week 8.  If you remove the outlier--week 16 vs. Green Bay--not the digression in yards and scoring.  It was as if his confidence was waning and he was getting worse.   I think the demons were winning the war: 

image.thumb.png.af59a2fee2b40d1d9c9b95140e3f594f.png

• Beer 1

Bryce showed up looking the damn same this season. After a historically bad season I thought maybe he’d at least attempt to add some muscle but nope.

He either thinks it was everyone else’s fault last year or he knows he can’t play with the big guys. Probably a bit of both 

Kid has no one to be pissed at other than himself. He’s been utter dog sh!t since his very first snap in the NFL

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think it is funny that we give first and second round picks more time to develop than we do a seventh rounder.  In my view, a first rounder should have a brief learning curve and then moderate success by the end of the first year.  Were it not for the Green Bay game--when we scored 30 points and Bryce had over 300 yards passing,  one can see a digression towards the end of the 2023 season.  Between weeks 4-8 last year (one was a bye) Bryce had 4 consecutive 200+ yard games.  As you can see in the screenshot below, the last 200+ yard game is week 8.  If you remove the outlier--week 16 vs. Green Bay--not the digression in yards and scoring.  It was as if his confidence was waning and he was getting worse.   I think the demons were winning the war: 

image.thumb.png.af59a2fee2b40d1d9c9b95140e3f594f.png

No words needed. 

image.png.3a40b7f2273bc42aa758f4d7cd5c80b4.png

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Bryce showed up looking the damn same this season. After a historically bad season I thought maybe he’d at least attempt to add some muscle but nope.

He either thinks it was everyone else’s fault last year or he knows he can’t play with the big guys. Probably a bit of both 

Kid has no one to be pissed at other than himself. He’s been utter dog sh!t since his very first snap in the NFL

He did.  If you look back at the screenshot I posted, he had a good game vs Green Bay, breaking is string of 7 games below 200+ yards.  Did he build on the Green Bay game?  NOPE.  That is when he began his nose dive into the ghettos of Clausenville.  Two of the next four games under 100 yards.  An average of 3.25 points per game.  Yikes.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

That’s why Kiper was so fired up, he talked up Young all the way until we picked him, he’d look silly if he were this wrong. Kinda like he was with Clausen…

It's amazing that anyone pays any attention to him anymore. His whole shtick is acting like his opinions are stone cold fact and yet he's been wrong over and over again. Which to be fair, anyone who expressed opinions on draft prospects has been. It happens. But his whole shtick of acting like he's infallible and his opinions can only be failed by others not just be flat out erong is just supremely off-putting.

• Pie 6

9 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

No words needed. 

image.png.3a40b7f2273bc42aa758f4d7cd5c80b4.png

Yep.  In comparison, Clausen got 10 games as starter before we moved on.  He was a second round pick.  Bryce got 18 games. 

I watched the NFL Network's Good Morning Football (or whatever) this morning and they were pitching ideas for Miami's QB concerns.  I was not watching closely, but nobody suggested a trade for Bryce-they suggested trading for Garrapolo. They mentioned Ryan Tanneyhill. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's amazing that anyone pays any attention to him anymore. His whole shtick is acting like his opinions are stone cold fact and yet he's been wrong over and over again. Which to be fair, anyone who expressed opinions on draft prospects has been. It happens. But his whole shtick of acting like he's infallible and his opinions can only be failed by others not just be flat out erong is just supremely off-putting.

What's funny is that he was THE go to guy for all that nonsense. Then some young buck named Todd McShay came along and was like, why are you the only one doing this? People were like, oooooh this kid is a breath of fresh air. One second later ... nope, just like Mel. lol.

• Pie 2