• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RUMOR: Bryce Young 'pissed' at being benched for Andy Dalton

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

That's the first positive news about Bryce Young I've heard in a while, and if it's true, it's the first sign that there might be some hope of salvaging the young man.

A big problem is he's, from what I've seen, had absolutely no fire in his belly. He's just been the nice, quiet boy that no one has a bad thing to say about. He's says the right things in the press conference about it being on him after he blows another game.

Maybe this is the kick in the ass he needs to wake up and be a leader:

13 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

He probably just holds his breath as long as he can.

Also, this made me snot-laugh.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Good. Maybe he can use that anger to get better at what he's paid to do. 

was going to post that.

and the one he should be mad at is himself. 

he made this necessary by playing poorly.

you want to play in the big leagues? play like you belong there.

earn your spot and prove your worth. 

got confidence in yourself? make everyone else confident in you. 

give everyone a reason to believe.

• Flames 7

28 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

Whats BY like when hes mad?  Think he goes on a tirade of F bombs, throws stuff and punches the wall?  nah... He seems like the kinda guy balls up his fist and says what the frick instead of actually cussing... then apologizes to everyone for losing his temper.  Hes basically the white guy impression that Chapel does.

angry mad GIF

• Pie 6

This whole thing has been interesting. We don't know what all was said behind closed doors, so it's possible that Bryce was told Sunday night he was still the guy and then told the opposite on Monday, but other than that scenario why would he think such terrible play wouldn't run the risk of being replaced? 

Assuming reports of him/his circle being 'shocked' at his benching, assuming this being 'pissed' is true, and assuming the rug wasn't pulled as I describe above (lot of assumptions here), signs could point to a sense of entitlement and perception of zero challenge/competition. 

20 minutes ago, TN05 said:

RUMOR: TN05 "pissed" that Bryce Young hasn't thrown a touchdown in eight of the last nine games

I know he's been playing bad for awhile, but that stat almost made me jump out of my seat! I had to go to https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounBr01/gamelog/2023/ to see that with my own eyes. Wow!

I knew we had only scored 13 points in out last four games dating back to last season. I knew about the inability to convert on 3rd down (1 in each game this season). But, Bryce has only thrown 2 TDs since Nov 19th! 

He's lucky he wasn't benched at the end of last season.

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

Whats BY like when hes mad?  Think he goes on a tirade of F bombs, throws stuff and punches the wall?  nah... He seems like the kinda guy balls up his fist and says what the frick instead of actually cussing... then apologizes to everyone for losing his temper.  Hes basically the white guy impression that Chapel does.

If we are lucky, maybe this

Scrappy Doo Cartoon GIF by Scooby-Doo