• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My 55" HD TV picture now looks like it's trying to be 3-D

dimbee

goodluck. I have a feeling ure buying a new tv very soon.

'Preesh. Hell, if this fixes the TV for 6 months, I'll consider it a worthy investment while I start saving for a new TV. If, as I've read online, it fixes the TV for another 2-3 years, then how can I try any differently?

'Preesh. Hell, if this fixes the TV for 6 months, I'll consider it a worthy investment while I start saving for a new TV. If, as I've read online, it fixes the TV for another 2-3 years, then how can I try any differently?

Keep notes. I just bought a 65" Mitsubishi DLP HD TV that is 3D ready! I'm waiting for my new place this Summer before I hook it up! (I couldn't resist the price!)

I had a similar experience with my bathroom TV. I have a Samsung 46" and it started acting up when I turned the power on. Repair shop said it was gonna cost $300 for parts and $350 to fix. That would take all of my hooker money for the week.

I looked online and found it is a common problem with the Samsungs. Got the parts I needed and followed the videos on Youtube. Total cost was $12 for the capacitors and 1 hour of my time.

becareful or my prophecy of u getting a new tv will come true :D

Oh, trust me, my electrical engineer Dad is definitely doing this with me. I already told him, "You break it, you buy it." :lol:

Of course, it's already broken, but let's not go there....

If it's something new, then I wouldn't consider that to be normal at all, sunbunny.

I don't watch tv in here all that much, so I don't know how long it's been doing it. I noticed it last night when I turned it on. Took forever for the screen to come on.

I think it might be under warranty. I'll check.

Archived