• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell

Knaakedup

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

All in all this is something the Panthers should have been considering months ago. You always operate with the sense you are doing what is best for the team. Having another young QB with legitimate potential on the roster (not a UDFA afterthought like Plummer) after Bryce's struggles last season should have been a priority for someone who talks about wanting dawgs.

That's why I'm saying don't expect anything from Plummer.  He was chosen because he would not remotely challenge Bryce.  He is bad, folks.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, WarHeel said:

The guy who has played 2 games and thrown for 0 TD? Seems like a small sample size to make a bold comparison.

Different types of QB's. Howell is a less accurate, gunslinger type QB that has high TO's. That's just who he is.

Typical Winston/Favre type. If this were a different era the Winston/Howell gunslingers would be lauded. But, alas, in the modern NFL being TO prone is anathema to the typical offense.

It's not that Howell doesn't have talent but backbreaking TO's just limit your usefuleness. Reference Howell's year or Winston's 30/30 season. The same reason you are in the game is the reason you might immediately be out of it.

I am not saying he isn't an upgrade over what we have(versus Dalton is debatable depending on how you look at it) but it's very unlikely to lead us to prominence as a franchise. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

I really thought you'd get a boner from the mere mention of Howell...lol

I don't wish Tepper's Panthers on anyone I'm a fan of. Going from Ron "we don't need no sticking pass protection" Rivera with Eric "what's a running game?" Bieniemy at OC last year to Tepper's Panthers this year? I mean... YIKES

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't wish Tepper's Panthers on anyone I'm a fan of. Going from Ron "we don't need no sticking pass protection" Rivera with Eric "what's a running game?" Bieniemy at OC last year to Tepper's Panthers this year? I mean... YIKES

It's entirely plausible that the Panthers aren't as bad as we think and Bryce just made everyone around him so much worse that he drug them down to the worst team in the NFL. The defense for sure isn't as good as previous years, but I have a feeling that competent QB play will revitalize all the players on both sides of the ball and we suddenly look like an average 8-9 team

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Different types of QB's. Howell is a less accurate, gunslinger type QB that has high TO's. That's just who he is.

Typical Winston/Favre type. If this were a different era the Winston/Howell gunslingers would be lauded. But, alas, in the modern NFL being TO prone is anathema to the typical offense.

It's not that Howell doesn't have talent but backbreaking TO's just limit your usefuleness. Reference Howell's year or Winston's 30/30 season. The same reason you are in the game is the reason you might immediately be out of it.

I am not saying he isn't an upgrade over what we have(versus Dalton is debatable depending on how you look at it) but it's very unlikely to lead us to prominence as a franchise. 

That’s fair but doesn’t answer why he still wasn’t the most talented guy on Washington’s roster.

3 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

It's entirely plausible that the Panthers aren't as bad as we think and Bryce just made everyone around him so much worse that he drug them down to the worst team in the NFL. The defense for sure isn't as good as previous years, but I have a feeling that competent QB play will revitalize all the players on both sides of the ball and we suddenly look like an average 8-9 team

It's possible. But everyone seems to suddenly get a lot better when they get away from here.

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ron was a total slope head....He squandered 2 perennial HOF'ers careers. Dipper has never created a culture here....the culture is I'll throw my billions at it and it will be alright. Dipper is to nfl ownership what Bryce is to QB'ing ...fk him.

5 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

This is what im hoping for.