• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell

Knaakedup

Why do we have a thread about Sam Howell. First, SH lead the league in turnrovers, pick 6's and sacks and the Oline according to PFF graded out average. Granted I did not watch much SH but I have Skins fans and they say he stunk.

Second, Seattle just sent a 5th rd pick for him and he has I think 2 yrs left on his rookie QB contract he is going nowhere. Weird thread to start about a specific backup.

14 hours ago, csx said:

Why would they trade the player they just traded for?

I don't know but this keeps coming up in Seattle fan circles. He would be a great option for a back-up and developmental project if true. 

I think it's more likely that Plummer just becomes the back up. Then again, if Wilson really did lose his job in Pittsburgh, I can totally see Canales and Morgan getting him just due to the history together. I don't think they do it unless Dalton is hurt though.

An interesting option would be Zappe who is on KC's practice squad right now.

Edited by ProcessBlue2

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I'd definitely take him but I see no reason why the Seahawks would want to move him.

If they are leaning toward extending Geno and they could improve on their 5th round investment I could see it. Then again, they actually look pretty decent. They may deem a viable backup QB more valuable than turning a 5th into say a 4th, even a 3rd.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If they are leaning toward extending Geno and they could improve on their 5th round investment I could see it. Then again, they actually look pretty decent. They may deem a viable backup QB more valuable than turning a 5th into say a 4th, even a 3rd.

All in all this is something the Panthers should have been considering months ago. You always operate with the sense you are doing what is best for the team. Having another young QB with legitimate potential on the roster (not a UDFA afterthought like Plummer) after Bryce's struggles last season should have been a priority for someone who talks about wanting dawgs.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we really want Howell we could get him. Geno is balling that's his position for the foreseeable future. I don't think they view Howell as a long-term option. I think they traded for him to push Geno and make him earn the job. 

I think we could work out a deal for a 4th Rd pick and maybe send them Dalton. 

That's a fair deal for both teams.

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

All in all this is something the Panthers should have been considering months ago. You always operate with the sense you are doing what is best for the team. Having another young QB with legitimate potential on the roster (not a UDFA afterthought like Plummer) after Bryce's struggles last season should have been a priority for someone who talks about wanting dawgs.

The amount of coddling we did for Bryce is just wild. 

• Pie 1