• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell

Knaakedup

18 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Oh, Daniels is very clearly more talented, IMO.

He was my #1 QB in that class.

I don’t think either have the sample size. Howell obviously had a decent amount of turnovers. But also seems like the type of dude that Canales could “fix,” and has all the tools to be the guy.

21 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If they are leaning toward extending Geno and they could improve on their 5th round investment I could see it. Then again, they actually look pretty decent. They may deem a viable backup QB more valuable than turning a 5th into say a 4th, even a 3rd.

He's not worth a 4th or a 3rd.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

I don’t think either have the sample size. Howell obviously had a decent amount of turnovers. But also seems like the type of dude that Canales could “fix,” and has all the tools to be the guy.

Well one is my personal projection but Howell has enough tape for me to personally put him in that "TO prone gunslinger" category. It is possible that he eventually develops a much better sense of reading the field and gets that reigned in but that is likely after several years as a backup QB working on that. That really does nothing for us.

Remember that the "projects" that Canales gets credit for(likely unfairly so) were both multi-year veterans of the NFL. Howell is not.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Well one is my personal projection but Howell has enough tape for me to personally put him in that "TO prone gunslinger" category. It is possible that he eventually develops a much better sense of reading the field and gets that reigned in but that is likely after several years as a backup QB working on that. That really does nothing for us.

Remember that the "projects" that Canales gets credit for(likely unfairly so) were both multi-year veterans of the NFL. Howell is not.

Peyton Manning fit that role for a bit too. Hope his career works out. Same for Bryce but not hopeful on that one.

LmAO

..it does not make any sense whatsoever why a team that is currently 2-0 would  trade their backup Qb to a team that is 0-2 & in the same NFC conference ?

& what is Seattle going to do if Geno Smith is injured ? wouldn't a team that is  currently 2-0 & is quiet  possibly going to the playoffs  want a decent plan B that already knows how to operate their system & has some form of chemistry with their players  ,

like I said before this is the NFL &teams especially ones like Seattle  are NOT going to trade their backup Qb 2 games into the regular season...just saying

53 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Peyton Manning fit that role for a bit too. Hope his career works out. Same for Bryce but not hopeful on that one.

Manning looked that way initially and figured it out but Howell is very far from Manning's class of QB even when just comparing that college to pro jump.

I know you are a Heel fan but the reasons to move on from Howell in Washington were sound. 

Dropping him into another scenario where he doesn't have a team that can elevate him is probably very unlikely to work out.

If you really want him to be successful, he needs to be riding the pine for a few seasons and getting up to speed. Behind a guy like Geno is a good place. He was a guy that made that later career jump.