• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell

Knaakedup

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

I would take that but I doubt it would happen.  Howell is the type of QB we should go after in FA in the offseason though.  Someone that fits the system and can play right now while we have a rookie sit.  We don't necessarily have to draft someone in the top 5.  If there's someone in the later rounds that makes sense, take them, and use the earlier pick on WR or Edge.

I agree about getting him in FA, my only concern is Andy making it through the rest of this season. 

Our draft situation is so interesting, and not in a good way. We have holes everywhere with no cornerstone players (maybe Brown and Horn). We need to do some magical drafting where we hit on more than round 1 or round 1 & 2, with everyone after that being dogshit. That being said, fill glaring holes this coming draft with BPA and no overreaching. The following year we target a QB and more BPA. 3 years from now, if all goes right, we’re back. 

• Pie 2

Just now, Knaakedup said:

I agree about getting him in FA, my only concern is Andy making it through the rest of this season. 

Our draft situation is so interesting, and not in a good way. We have holes everywhere with no cornerstone players (maybe Brown and Horn). We need to do some magical drafting where we hit on more than round 1 or round 1 & 2, with everyone after that being dogshit. That being said, fill glaring holes this coming draft with BPA and no overreaching. The following year we target a QB and more BPA. 3 years from now, if all goes right, we’re back. 

I hear ya.  If it were up to me, I'd IR Bryce with a mystery injury and acquire another QB to put behind Dalton.

• Pie 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

I hear ya.  If it were up to me, I'd IR Bryce with a mystery injury and acquire another QB to put behind Dalton.

That’s probably the best route. Secretly shop him to see what the market offers. 

I’d still make a push for Howell. Anyone on the couch right now isn’t going to come in and perform better than the two other QBs on the roster. 

Howell isn’t going anywhere. Same with Stidham (who will probs replace Nix soon) and Lock (Ditto with Jones). And then interesting backups for good QBs aren’t going anywhere either (I.E Browning)

Aidan O’Connell is the one I could think of that could be pried for cheap, but unsure if it’s worth it.

Probably just roll with Andy and reset at QB again in the offseason.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

Howell isn’t going anywhere. Same with Stidham (who will probs replace Nix soon) and Lock (Ditto with Jones). And then interesting backups for good QBs aren’t going anywhere either (I.E Browning)

Aidan O’Connell is the one I could think of that could be pried for cheap, but unsure if it’s worth it.

Definitely not lol

Definitely not lol

Yeah, but realistically, that’s what we’re looking at haha. He’s not-bad in stretches, very Kyle Allen-esque, who could find a rhythm but also lose it like a bad habit.

If we need to simply backup Andy with not-Bryce, he’s one of the rostered guys we’d be talking about. 

Probably just roll with Plummer behind him at this point. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Ehhhhh I wouldn’t be so sure. There’s always a way. 

Just now, Day1PanthersFan said:

What would Minnesota want for Darnold ?

it wouldn't happen , but I would like to be a fly on the wall when he is told Carolina is trying to trade for him 

I just can’t get behind this. 

We already had the Darnold experience here and I really don’t want to revisit that. He’s starting out strong there just like he did here, but let’s see what he looks like come week 8. 

6 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

What would Minnesota want for Darnold ?

it wouldn't happen , but I would like to be a fly on the wall when he is told Carolina is trying to trade for him 

His value right now is higher than it’s probably been since he was drafted.  Definitely not worth entertaining.  At least wait until he flames out and collapses in a few weeks.

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

That’s basically Howell. 

Send Bryce to Miami or LA for hopefully a 2nd or 3rd (might be wishful thinking), offer Seahawks a 5th for Sam and wash our hands of this. 

It's very sad but your value on young right now is insane. What did the cowboys give for Lance?  I'd imagine Bryces trade value is less than that 

• Beer 1

I would love to see a move for a QB but I don't think it happens yet. I think everyone wants to see what it all looks like without Bryce. If it's not too bad then he really might not get another shot which would lead to a QB acquisition hopefully.

Stash him, trade him or whatever works. First comes this next game and a chance for everyone else to prove it wasn't them. 

• Pie 2