• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell

Knaakedup

Given the current situation, what happens at the moment if Andy gets hurt? Or, how much does Andy have left in the tank? Does Bryce come in? Do they throw Plummer in there? I would honestly prefer neither of those options happen. 

I would trade for Sam Howell, currently the backup to Geno in Seattle. I caught a few of his games for the commanders and was thoroughly impressed by him. He got sacked a ton, but I would put that on their OL and Rivera more than I would him. As a matter of fact, what if he balled out here behind a decent to actually good OL? 

Andy is on the tail end of his career and I’m not sure he would serve as the best stop gap for 1, 2, or maybe even 3 seasons while we rebuild this team at almost every position. 

We could solidify the QB position for a few years, be competitive, and maybe even surprise some people while we retool the shed for what I would assume to be a very minimal cost. 

Once the fan base got a good sample size of what Howell could do here, I believe the pot that feels like it’s about to boil over would simmer down. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Tar Heel QBs suck. Get a Wolfpack or even Duke QB before going this route.

yeah heard the same Bs last year prior to the draft except this time around  it was Ohio State Qbs suck ...just saying 

Edited by bandu
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I'm down for it.

Allows us to trade back get some extra assets. Possibly select Hunter or Tmac in the draft.

Howell is a legit QB. He's not top 15 or anything, but he's someone who you can trust and a QB who will at least be competitive in games.

He has all the tools, and I’ve seen him slinging it with the best of them. Almost made a comeback against one of the top teams last year (don’t remember which one). He would be the perfect placeholder for us for the next few years. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Almost any other QB that's rostered by another team is better than what we have now.  Personally I hope we pick up a low tier one in free agency and draft one next year.  Early, mid rounds, whatever makes the most sense at the time.

That’s basically Howell. 

Send Bryce to Miami or LA for hopefully a 2nd or 3rd (might be wishful thinking), offer Seahawks a 5th for Sam and wash our hands of this. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

That’s basically Howell. 

Send Bryce to Miami or LA for hopefully a 2nd or 3rd (might be wishful thinking), offer Seahawks a 5th for Sam and wash our hands of this. 

I would take that but I doubt it would happen.  Howell is the type of QB we should go after in FA in the offseason though.  Someone that fits the system and can play right now while we have a rookie sit.  We don't necessarily have to draft someone in the top 5.  If there's someone in the later rounds that makes sense, take them, and use the earlier pick on WR or Edge.

• Pie 2