• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer in SI: Benching Bryce Young Was Not a Rash Decision

TN05

8 minutes ago, scpanther22 said:

You don't pay a G 100 million if this were true 

I know we don't like young but we don't have to revise history over it lol

The ones he ran into were mostly deeper edge rushers where the T is pushing them back and hopefully around behind him out of the play. He backed right into them dropping so deep. I think.

• Pie 1

Breer and these other writers/analysts that are bashing the decision to bench Young are the same ones that voted to give him the heisman and sold him as the number one pick. Now they are going to die on the hill they made to cover their asses for a qb with no speed, arm strength or size.  

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, ncbob said:

Breer and these other writers/analysts that are bashing the decision to bench Young are the same ones that voted to give him the heisman and sold him as the number one pick. Now they are going to die on the hill they made to cover their asses for a qb with no speed, arm strength or size.  

The whole point of the article was saying that it was a justifiable benching.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

He's also pretty good with a Playstation controller I hear.

I recall a couple seasons ago people advocating for Murray on this forum when there were contract questions about him in AZ, but besides being short, people hated his film comments.

Pretty sure he's been way better than anything we've had since that time...and that includes his injury seasons. Would've been the best option. Murray on this team as constructed at least has BofA full and definitely contents for the playoffs. Certainly wins more than two games.

Even Stroud was only given a C+ so far this year in a CBS write-up.

10 hours ago, TN05 said:

Honestly this is an annoying article to read. While I agree that our terrible replacement guards we had to play last year were not good, much of the pressure that Bryce had last year was due to him taking several extra steps on his drop back. It's honestly not fair to our tackles to have to try and stop speed rushers when the QB is taking borderline 10 steps back on his drop back. A good chunk of the pressure Bryce felt last year was his own fault - nothing even close to what David Carr had to go through at the beginning of his career

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Osaka Panther said:

two games in is a bit quick with a new coach and system. 

we should have gave young atleast 4 games. 

now red head is gonna come in and win us a few meaningless games and take us out of top draft spot. 

you cannot try to tank after only 2 games 

& the #1 overall pick does not necessarily mean you are going to get the best Qb in the draft . we should all know that by now though after drafting BY #1  overall  over CJ Stroud Anthony Richardson & Will Levis

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

All the random opnions are coming out now from every direction about the benching. I do wonder how many of these people have ever watched him play this year...or even last year.

That's always the interesting aspect of sports.  The Media loves to kick a team while they are down.  Bad team makes a big move - kick'em harder!  Such is the way it goes.

It's also a compelling storyline - team desperate for THE GUY drafts who they thought was the guy, now decides he's not the GUY and benches him...  Lots of fun fodder.

To be honest, it's been pretty funny watching the NFL and media cover us over this issue.  Thanks Tepper?  Now I'm just waiting to hear that Tepper bought the Dillworth Grill and is planning to bulldoze it.

• Pie 1

Before the draft of 2023, Bryce had every reason to believe that he was large enough to play in the NFL. 

And then he took the field.

In effect, he saw the elephant, and it was bigger and scarier than he ever realized. Or at least that's the way it all looks.

Still, he suited up and took a beating for his team and his contract. Can't take that away from him. The water was really deep out there where he got thrown.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, d-dave said:

That's always the interesting aspect of sports.  The Media loves to kick a team while they are down.  Bad team makes a big move - kick'em harder!  Such is the way it goes.

It's also a compelling storyline - team desperate for THE GUY drafts who they thought was the guy, now decides he's not the GUY and benches him...  Lots of fun fodder.

To be honest, it's been pretty funny watching the NFL and media cover us over this issue.  Thanks Tepper?  Now I'm just waiting to hear that Tepper bought the Dillworth Grill and is planning to bulldoze it.

Absolutely. I also find it entertaining this is the flip side of all that publicity leading up to that draft where the team was happy to stand in front of a mic and talk holding the #1 pick.

It's a poo stew and I hope Tepper loves this part as much as he loved trading up and being the center of the universe for a few weeks.

49 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Absolutely. I also find it entertaining this is the flip side of all that publicity leading up to that draft where the team was happy to stand in front of a mic and talk holding the #1 pick.

It's a poo stew and I hope Tepper loves this part as much as he loved trading up and being the center of the universe for a few weeks.

Tepper is all about being in front of the camera when he thinks he's pulling something over on the league. Remember how visible he was in 2020, particularly at the end when he and Rhule were badmouthing Teddy? That might be true for other owners as well, but it is striking how he disappears from view when things go wrong.

And the 'point guard' soundbite... my god. What a cringe moment as soon as it happened.

200.gif

• Flames 1