• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer in SI: Benching Bryce Young Was Not a Rash Decision

TN05

30 minutes ago, frankw said:

Sounds like an excuse to me. I don't buy this concept. Getting hit the way he did only accelerated and amplified what was already lacking.

Truly there is no excuse for him to look like the worst starting QB in the entire league after a full offseason of preparation.

Carr carr'ed himself. 7 step drops and poor mechanics were worse to him than that bad oline. He was shot when he threw that first pass for a pick. You could see it on his face. No hit needed. It's a bad take and such a cope out. 

• Pie 6

4 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Pretty much looked exactly like his INT from this Sunday. When he "throws with anticipation" this is usually the result. He's not reading the coverage correctly and he doesn't have the arm strength to squeeze the ball into tight spots to begin with. Combine the two and it's an abrupt change of possession.

• Pie 3

25 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

don't draft children to play a man's game

Young found out in the Atlanta game that he has no business in the NFL. His goal ever since has been survival and to not suffer a life changing injury by a man who outweighs him by 150 lbs. We drafted a project, but the talking heads who crowned him have to save face so coming up with an excuse for failure is paramount. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Pretty much looked exactly like his INT from this Sunday. When he "throws with anticipation" this is usually the result. He's not reading the coverage correctly and he doesn't have the arm strength to squeeze the ball into tight spots to begin with. Combine the two and it's an abrupt change of possession.

Since the 1st quarter of his 1st game he's looked like this.  The excuses for this kid are ridiculous and completely out of control.

• Pie 6

20 minutes ago, frankw said:

Was it really though? The most physically limited QB of his draft class is looking like one of the worst QB's in recent memory? Seems like something many people should have seen coming.

Probably the most physically limited QB I can ever recall being drafted in the 1st and probably even 2nd or 3rd rounds if I'm being honest. Forget #1 overall, forget 1st round. I honestly can't recall another QB with every physical red flag a QB can possibly have getting drafted even moderately highly. He's basically Stetson Bennett with a weaker arm.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Probably the most physically limited QB I can ever recall being drafted in the 1st and probably even 2nd or 3rd rounds if I'm being honest. Forget #1 overall, forget 1st round. I honestly can't recall another QB with every physical red flag a QB can possibly have getting drafted even moderately highly. He's basically Stetson Bennett with a weaker arm.

But without the alcohol or drug problems