• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Here's the Win-Win

RumHam

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Dalton tends to be elevated by the situation around him rather than vice versa in his later career.

I would suspect he will do okay but okay is likely to fail with the current team being what it is.

I don’t have high expectations. Dalton is a former pro bowler and I expect competent play but with lots of limitations. By competent play I mean being able to complete passes > 10 yards, step up in and play in the pocket and have a QBR > his shoe size.  They will likely look like a bad and very flawed professional football team but I expect significantly less dysfunction compared to the last two weeks. 

• Beer 2

17 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I don’t have high expectations. Dalton is a former pro bowler and I expect competent play but with lots of limitations. By competent play I mean being able to complete passes > 10 yards, step up in and play in the pocket and have a QBR > his shoe size.  They will likely look like a bad and very flawed professional football team but I expect significantly less dysfunction compared to the last two weeks. 

My hope is he gives the team a high enough floor to start building some cohesion and running a lot more plays so they can get the benefit of some good game reps. 
We didn’t run many plays the other day.
You can’t find your groove with your QB keeps driving the bus into a ditch. 

10 hours ago, RumHam said:

1. Obviously Dalton does enough to keep us competitive and push for a playoff spot and let the defense handle things by keeping them more fresh off the field.

2. Tepper gets further and further embarassed and the league has to step in and intervene since this isn't a professional level football product. It always takes him being embarrassed in national media to make a brash decision, and i'm sure Nicole Pelosi bitching at him about not having enough wine and power doesn't help his situation.

3. More concerts

If by playoff spot you mean not being one of the three worst teams in the nfl, then I might agree with you...

Dalton will be a big improvement for us, but we still have a mediocre at best offense with him combined with a poo defense outside of a couple of positions

1 hour ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I'll probably be in the minority, but I think Dalton will actually do pretty well with our oline. Even though I didn't like the amount we paid our guards, they have honestly done an amazing job the first two games at preventing pass rushes up the middle. And honestly the pressures that have happened on our tackles have been more a result of Bryce taking unnecessary 7+ step Dropbacks on the routes that are going maybe 10 yards...