• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bryce situation reminds me of Josh Rosen (national media)

Dorian Gray

I'm thinking there was a policy to not show him up, they must have understood how mentally fragile he seems to be. He doesn't do well with adversity it seems. 

I certainly wanted that but I never had any faith in him to hold me back. I'd have rolled in a ringer and pushed him as hard as I could push him. Several people were calling for it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Well that's a terrible call IMO unless Canales truly believes that being sat is the only kickstart Bryce needs.

I mean he really doesn't have a choice right now. I think Plummer only gets a shot at backup if Andy gets hurt and Bryce has to start. He has no shot at starting unless both are injured or Bryce is so bad he asks to be benched and Andy is on IR.

I know I’m just a fan but I’ve started coming around to the idea that the QB position isn’t as cerebral as the media makes it out to be. No it is in fact not like being as smart as a Doctor or a Lawyer 

But it’s more about knowing the offense so well that you can manipulate the defense when needed and play within the game with your given physical tools. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I know I’m just a fan but I’ve started coming around to the idea that the QB position isn’t as cerebral as the media makes it out to be. No it is in fact not like being as smart as a Doctor or a Lawyer 

But it’s more about knowing the offense so well that you can manipulate the defense when needed and play within the game with your given physical tools. 

That takes years to master and a system that is conducive to it. A rookie will struggle with good defenses no matter how good they are coming out. 

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I mean he really doesn't have a choice right now. I think Plummer only gets a shot at backup if Andy gets hurt and Bryce has to start. He has no shot at starting unless both are injured or Bryce is so bad he asks to be benched and Andy is on IR.

Eh, with all of the preseason reps he got I would think he is prepared to at least run the offense. I would think the whole point of benching him, unless the scenario I described, would be to keep him off the field as much as possible. He has been simply atrocious.

Edited by KSpan

3 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Eh, with all of the preseason reps he got I would think he is prepared to at least run the offense. I would think the whole point of benching him, unless the scenario I described, would be to keep him off the field as much as possible. He has been simply atrocious.

If they have to go to Plummer at any point they will have to run the ball 90% of the time from then on to avoid him getting taken out. If he does get hurt it will be the Wildcat 100% of the time.

4 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

My new favorite failed QB turned analyst.

Just sayin' since it's a Josh Rosen "I can't believe the situation he's been put in" style thread, they coddled this dude so hard and he just isn't cutting it lol. I was just going through the Eisen Shows and the Cowherds talking that poo and I don't think anyone but Chase Daniel even watched this game film yet lol. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Just sayin' since it's a Josh Rosen "I can't believe the situation he's been put in" style thread, they coddled this dude so hard and he just isn't cutting it lol. I was just going through the Eisen Shows and the Cowherds talking that poo and I don't think anyone but Chase Daniel even watched this game film yet lol. 

Pete Prisco kept it real on the CBS clip that was posted.

• Pie 1
  • The D 1