• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bryce situation reminds me of Josh Rosen (national media)

Dorian Gray

But there is reasons to say this could be a mistake. 

1. If Andy gets hurt 1 play into the game.. then what we bring Young back in, days after getting benched? We should have made him inactive and put him on the bench for at least a few weeks. 

2. This franchise has a history of throwing out QB's. Baker and Darnold being those examples of those we gave up on..

3. Young has the skills and has proven himself.. at the CFB level.. He had a terrible year last year and a terrible start this year that shattered his confidence instantly after the 1st play this season. I'm not ready to throw that away... but Im not ready to hand the job back to him. Im ok going into the season next year with him still on the roster but like Dave Canales says.. with competition. 

A lot of the media coverage is garbage. Sure, slag off Tepper and the organisation all you want. They've made terrible decisions for the last  5 or 6 years and the roster is very bad because of it. Bryce Young's QB play is a completely separate issue. He's making basic mistakes, unable to make basic throws and just looks like a deer in the headlights.

Having seen what I have in his first 18 games I'd be amazed if he ever turns out to be worthy of the no.1 pick. The game looks to be 2 times faster than his brain is comfortable with.

Edited by Billy Goat

Just now, Billy Goat said:

A lot of the media coverage is garbage. Sure, slag off Tepper and the organisation all you want. They've made terrible decisions for the last  5 or 6 years and the roster is very bad because of it. Bryce Young's QB play is a completely seperate issue. He's making basic mistakes, unable to make basic throws and just looks like a deer in the headlights.

Having seen what I have in his first 18 games I'd be amazed if he ever turns out to be worthy of the no.1 pick. The game looks to be 2 times faster than he's brain is comfortable with.

I don't know, maybe we wouldn't be getting the doors blown off as badly....if the HC actually used the preseason the way it should of been used given we knew we had a bad QB, new O scheme, new OL, new WRs, new OC, and playcaller all coming together.  

I'm not sure it's a completely separate issue.....we are poorly run org.  I would imagine that has something to do with why he looks worse. 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

But there is reasons to say this could be a mistake. 

1. If Andy gets hurt 1 play into the game.. then what we bring Young back in, days after getting benched? We should have made him inactive and put him on the bench for at least a few weeks. 

2. This franchise has a history of throwing out QB's. Baker and Darnold being those examples of those we gave up on..

3. Young has the skills and has proven himself.. at the CFB level.. He had a terrible year last year and a terrible start this year that shattered his confidence instantly after the 1st play this season. I'm not ready to throw that away... but Im not ready to hand the job back to him. Im ok going into the season next year with him still on the roster but like Dave Canales says.. with competition. 

Did they say Bryce would be the backup? If so, I haven't seen that. My assumption is 3rd string/full inactive with Plummer as #2. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't know, maybe we wouldn't be getting the doors blown off as badly....if the HC actually used the preseason the way it should of been used given we knew we had a bad QB, new O scheme, new OL, new WRs, new OC, and playcaller all coming together.  

I'm not sure it's a completely separate issue.....we are poorly run org.  I would imagine that has something to do with why he looks worse. 

lol they don’t watch the 18 games he started, they sure aren’t watching what we do in preseason man

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

While I agree he should've played in all those games it would've at most been a couple of series in each game. That's not going to make any real difference is it? Maybe his timing would be ever so slightly better, but he has been missing the same throws as he did last season. It's obviously a deeper issue than getting used to his surroundings/teammates.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Billy Goat said:

While I agree he should've played in all those games it would've at most been a couple of series in each game. That's not going to make any real difference is it? Maybe his timing would be ever so slightly better, but he has been missing the same throws as he did last season. It's obviously a deeper issue than getting used to his surroundings/teammates.

given how new everything was? I think what would add up to nearly a full games worth of reps?? Probably would alter how they could of came into the season. 

Mahomes played what? basically 3 quarters this preseason?  and he didn't use the last game. 

They needed the work.  It was always obvious.  With literally every aspect of everything being some new version of new......that's on Canales.  But he and his OC are brand spanking new.  They got their own growing pains to figure out.  Preparing a new team clearly one of them. 

But it was all bad marriages coming in.  Been saying that for months.  What happened could be seen coming.