• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers need to move on from Young ASAP

ProcessBlue2

22 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Do it now! Everyone is still blaming the organization, which is fair but both sides can suck at their job

It's the Alabama effect. He played under Saban one of the greatest college coaches of all time who went out of his way to speak highly of Bryce Young. So it just has to be literally everyone else that's the problem.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Do it now! Everyone is still blaming the organization, which is fair but both sides can suck at their job

Strike while the iron is hot.

He is a half ton truck you can tow your skiff with, but you are not pulling big league weight for long with it. Can't take it up in class without the goods being there.

• Beer 1

I saw a clip with Albert Breer and he said that opposing team's defenses all are seeing the same three thing out of Bryce:

1) Can't/won't throw the ball deep. (shrinks the field defensively)

2) Bad vision in the center of the field. (could been related to his height)

3) Drops his eyes the moment he feels pressure to avoid hits (real or imagined)

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

https://x.com/clt_sportsfan/status/1836890489749975442?s=46&t=sZBAMdzLph5zbmPd88saXg

I still can’t get these damn things to embed. Anyway, it’s a link to a writer saying benching Bryce was to stop the bleeding and let him heal, meaning this isn’t the end for Bryce. 

I think that’s a mistake but that’s where I’m at with this team, everything is a mistake.

That article is fair in much of the interpretation, where the real dysfunction is lives in the minds of the league sources. If they really believe it is the Panthers' fault and Young is the talented victim, we need to speak with these people about a deal. 

The author admits that the narrative shifts or doesn't according to what Dalton can do with the same roster. Fair enough, I am willing to believe we'll see the difference immediately.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

https://x.com/clt_sportsfan/status/1836890489749975442?s=46&t=sZBAMdzLph5zbmPd88saXg

I still can’t get these damn things to embed. Anyway, it’s a link to a writer saying benching Bryce was to stop the bleeding and let him heal, meaning this isn’t the end for Bryce. 

I think that’s a mistake but that’s where I’m at with this team, everything is a mistake.

I can’t edit this, I’m a moron and someone already posted this, my bad. 

I used to like Riddick but this is just, fantasy. How does he get off pretending he knows the conversation that got Canales hired? 

That Canales promised he could fix Young. 

That is poo like we do here. He should be above that.

Tell you what, I am not afraid to see Young take his talents somewhere else. I don't think he is showing anybody up, I just don't. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

19 hours ago, frankw said:

It's the Alabama effect. He played under Saban one of the greatest college coaches of all time who went out of his way to speak highly of Bryce Young. So it just has to be literally everyone else that's the problem.

Saban said what Saban was supposed to say.  Hell, Dabo Swinney would find something nice to say about DJU if he entered the draft next year.   If you do your job and be the man college coaches want you to be....they are going to have your back.  Especially, the old style college coach. 

Now maybe this new age of pro ball won't carry that kind of loyalty because...well, it's not part of the deal.