• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers need to move on from Young ASAP

ProcessBlue2

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I agree, but the issue with that is if BY is no longer in your long term plans and you no longer believe in him...... you can not keep dead weight like that on the roster. ugh........ sean payton(yuck) gave up on wilson with knowing it would be 85,000,000 in dead cap.  He still moved on

I got no clue on the HC or staff for 2025, but you got to part ways with BY. I always thought PJ walker was better and hes a FA, to me that means the panthers try as they may..... will release BY. Who knows there are suckers and "i can fix him" coaches out there. I mean fitterererer was the worst , but somehow he was able to trade greg little, dennis danly, and robbie anderson. 

Its best for both sides to move on, even if comes to cutting him with a 22,000,000 penalty.  

No that's a knee-jerk reaction based on emotions. If he's not a cancer he's just been demoted to backup. Sucks for him but it's justified. He will compete with whoever is brought in next year and stay the backup until someone blows us away with a good offer. As long as he's cool, we are cool. That's the only smart option and best option for now. Fans may want him off the team but that not happening unless we get an offer we can't refuse. If they dump him now it's just more of the same disfunction which is probably what they will do.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 3

10 minutes ago, Buster Bryce said:

No it makes a lot of sense. He's done here get the pussy off the roster.

Off the field is enough for me, it effectively the same thing.

He has to do more than play poorly to be given away, with his contract being guaranteed.

If we can get anything out of him it gets us something back. If he causes a big problem he just hurts himself. You can tell his people if he wants a trade it ain't happening until such time as he rehabs his value.

It is hardball. Sometimes you have play it. It can be polite, but unwavering. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

If you keep Bryce all season, which I think you do, your plan is either 1) let him compete again next summer for the job or 2) move him before or the night of the draft. The former is dumb, I feel we know what Bryce is at this level, and the latter is probably gonna be wishful thinking. Tape is out on him, nobody is giving value for him straight up. Could be a pot sweetener with a 3rd though 

3 minutes ago, lightsout said:

If you keep Bryce all season, which I think you do, your plan is either 1) let him compete again next summer for the job or 2) move him before or the night of the draft. The former is dumb, I feel we know what Bryce is at this level, and the latter is probably gonna be wishful thinking. Tape is out on him, nobody is giving value for him straight up. Could be a pot sweetener with a 3rd though 

Maybe an opportunity comes up to swap him for another disappointment or bad fit, which has been mentioned. We need to work it.

Knowing this franchise, I am not going to be shocked if they do let him move on like, this week. For nothing. 

Edited by strato

3 minutes ago, strato said:

Maybe an opportunity comes up to swap him for another disappointment or bad fit, which has been mentioned. We need to work it.

Knowing this franchise, I am not going to be shocked if they do let him move on like, this week. For nothing. 

That's absolutely best case scenario, but it's us we're talking about. We'll trade him with picks to move up to the 2nd or we'll go straight up for a 4th or some goofy poo. Lol. 

Bryce really fuged us. Goddamn what a bad pick 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Or 3) you let him be the emergency qb while you let the league think you are going to keep him until you get him back to himself. All the while you get your newly drafted qb ready to go and let the league decide if they want him before we ruin him completely. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Or 3) you let him be the emergency qb while you let the league think you are going to keep him until you get him back to himself. All the while you get your newly drafted qb ready to go and let the league decide if they want him before we ruin him completely. 

Or 4) we keep him as emergency QB until we get our newly drafted QB and then we sacrifice him to the blood God for assurance of that newly drafted QB working out.