• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers need to move on from Young ASAP

ProcessBlue2

Just now, Joe Bear said:

Not with that cap figure you don't. And he has absolutely been trying to uplift guys on the sideline, it was reported multiple times on Sunday. The problem was he was spending too much time apologizing and not enough actually trying.

If the org wants to get something done they'll figure out the salary cap.

As far as his recent efforts at being a leader go. I'm just going to have to disagree. I have yet to see proof of the pre-draft notion that Bryce Young is this fantastic leader. If this team had leadership from the QB we wouldn't be in this current state.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

The only problem is Andy is not capable of lighting anyone up anymore. The more likely outcome is that Andy plays ok but nothing special. They still lose and the Panthers still look like idiots. So no, a knee-jerk trade is the last thing they need to do.

I mean...we've cleansed the stars from this team...I'm ok with cleaning out the funk...

I think it is better to try and challenge him to be the best teammate he can be and learn and grow up.  He’ll get good respect if he does that.

Ans anyone can see he doesn’t belong on the field this Sunday or next Sunday and so on.. until he fixes some stuff he has been unable to fix to this point.
So he needs to rehab his game on somebody’s bench and we are on the hook for pretty big money.  
seems simple to me. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

his contract is the issue now, too much dead cap and the whole thing is guaranteed. no chance the nlpa would allow him to redo his contract. 0.0 chance

best outcome- off-season trade for peanuts and 22,000,000 gets added to the dead cap. 

panthers take 4 years to overcome this set-back, just get back to neutral.  

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

his contract is the issue now, too much dead cap and the whole thing is guaranteed. no chance the nlpa would allow him to redo his contract. 0.0 chance

best outcome- off-season trade for peanuts and 22,000,000 gets added to the dead cap. 

panthers take 4 years to overcome this set-back, just get back to neutral.  

I honestly think they keep him another year and try to move him before year 4 of his contract. They really don't need to do anything unless he becomes a locker room problem. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

IR? lol

That's only a last resort thing. It would have to be to sign someone to hold the clipboard. I dint see that happening this season.  It would make more sense to call up Jack on pray that whoever is starting stays healthy. If not, they are forced to run, run, run, punt Foxball the rest of the way.

35 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I honestly think they keep him another year and try to move him before year 4 of his contract. They really don't need to do anything unless he becomes a locker room problem. 

He signed the contract. Hold him to it like the team is held to it. I mean, it's guaranteed no matter what. 

Too much money to just let him skate off to wherever. Until it suits us to send him on his way. 

edit: which could be if he gets rehabbed a little value wise. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I agree, but the issue with that is if BY is no longer in your long term plans and you no longer believe in him...... you can not keep dead weight like that on the roster. ugh........ sean payton(yuck) gave up on wilson with knowing it would be 85,000,000 in dead cap.  He still moved on

I got no clue on the HC or staff for 2025, but you got to part ways with BY. I always thought PJ walker was better and hes a FA, to me that means the panthers try as they may..... will release BY. Who knows there are suckers and "i can fix him" coaches out there. I mean fitterererer was the worst , but somehow he was able to trade greg little, dennis danly, and robbie anderson. 

Its best for both sides to move on, even if comes to cutting him with a 22,000,000 penalty.