• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers need to move on from Young ASAP

ProcessBlue2

This may be an unpopular take, but with how this is circulating the media- I think the most healthy thing for the organization is to get Bryce out of here as soon as possible. I think for the sake of the team, it's best to off load him to anyone that will take him for a low pick. I don't believe it will be the heathiest outcome for him or the team to keep him wondering around the locker room, sideline, and QB room with that sad look on his face (It is going to have to be awkward). I say you give the kid a change of scenery for his benefit, and move forward now. It also takes away the constant camera shots of him sitting on the sideline and media narratives of him possibly coming back in later. Tear off the band-aid. 

They can backfill the 2nd QB spot with whomever, a vet, another young guy, Plummer, etc. Let the team and Bryce both move forward. A few people to look at bringing in:

• Russell Wilson (Only see this happening if Andy gets hurt- looks like he lost the job in Pittsburgh- injury or not). Canales/Morgan connection.
  • Sam Howell (Some rumors that Seattle is open to dealing him)
  • Jack Plummer (Showed flashes in the Pre-Season)
  • Blaine Gabbert (Free Agent)
  • PJ Walker (Free Agent)
  • Bailey Zappe (KC Practice Squad)
  • Jaren Hall (SEA Practice Squad)
  • Mike White (BUF Practice Squad)
  • John Wolford (Free Agent) Was already worked out a few weeks ago.
Edited by ProcessBlue2
  • Pie 3
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Agree, but is a lot harder to do that, not so hard to do this though. Make the move while things are still chaotic and not once everything calms down.

I get your point, but the problem will still exist.

Tepper will continue to make bad decisions. This is not a player problem, it's a bad owner creating a bad culture.

Adam Thelin was literally throwing a fit on the sidelines. The culture is toxic when you have low maintenance people throwing fits.

It's like the players just showing up for a paycheck. There is no bond with this team. 

Everyone wants to blame Bryce, but the guy who traded our future for the kid is Tepper. He makes bad decisions. This has been a problem ever since he took over.

• Beer 1

Play Dalton and we will confirm some things hopefully but that would also not help Young's stock so moving him now might be the best move? 

I don't want to ever watch him play for this team again but I was expecting to see another shot before they bring in help because there is no way Dalton is the long term answer. I know he has been sitting but damn that arm has to be about done now. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

There is no incentive to getting rid of him right now.

1.  It's highly unlikely he will be a locker room cancer.   

2.  Trade value will be highest in offseason before the draft

3.  We might need him as a backup and he knows the system.

4.  Maybe he actually regains some confidence and get better (unlikely but still).

• Pie 8
  • Flames 1

I gotta admit. This whole season so far has been way more of a hot topic than I thought it was gonna be. This team sucks and is still in the news more than anybody else. Far as the trade,  I'm going to agree. I think right now is the most you probably get for him....lets say dalton comes out and lights it up and even just completely rejuvenates the team. It will just confirm more that Bryce has been the problem and lower his value. Just a hypothetical but it might be smart to jump a trade now. 

25 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

This may be an unpopular take, but with how this is circulating the media- I think the most healthy thing for the organization is to get Bryce out of here as soon as possible. I think for the sake of the team, it's best to off load him to anyone that will take him for a low pick. I don't believe it will be the heathiest outcome for him or the team to keep him wondering around the locker room, sideline, and QB room with that sad look on his face (It is going to have to be awkward). I say you give the kid a change of scenery for his benefit, and move forward now. It also takes away the constant camera shots of him sitting on the sideline and media narratives of him possibly coming back in later. Tear off the band-aid. 

They can backfill the 2nd QB spot with whomever, a vet, another young guy, Plummer, etc. Let the team and Bryce both move forward. A few people to look at bringing in:

• Russell Wilson (Only see this happening if Andy gets hurt- looks like he lost the job in Pittsburgh- injury or not). Canales/Morgan connection.
  • Sam Howell (Some rumors that Seattle is open to dealing him)
  • Jack Plummer (Showed flashes in the Pre-Season)
  • Blaine Gabbert (Free Agent)
  • PJ Walker (Free Agent)
  • Bailey Zappe (KC Practice Squad)
  • Jaren Hall (SEA Practice Squad)
  • Mike White (BUF Practice Squad)
  • John Wolford (Free Agent) Was already worked out a few weeks ago.

roll with what you got. send Bryce to Miami for a 5th conditional 3rd so we can have nicole draft a punter b/c he's a nice boy.

• Pie 1