• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eku Leota waived…

*FreeFua*

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

never forget canales was like yeah dj johnson is him, then not play any starters in the preseason.

Johnson, the best I can watch between crying........Hes playing well and one of the few bright spots. A few times he was winning his 1 vs 1s. and I hate the hate, hes close to making some plays if he keeps up his play level. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

I was telling huddlers this team lost talent and most dis-agreed. Luvu is a legit difference maker, his replacement is playing like dogshit. I thought jewell had a better understanding of everos D, but he looks lost and weak.

I am pretty sure most knew we lost talent on D and it was now the red headed stepchild getting the hand me downs in favor of 'you know what'.

The Brown injury was freaking pretty major. we are simply going to be developing depth there this year. Which sometimes pays off the next season. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 9/17/2024 at 5:26 PM, strato said:

I am pretty sure most knew we lost talent on D and it was now the red headed stepchild getting the hand me downs in favor of 'you know what'.

The Brown injury was freaking pretty major. we are simply going to be developing depth there this year. Which sometimes pays off the next season. 

Which is why even if the offense improves the D is bad enough we will still lose most games 

On 9/17/2024 at 5:00 PM, Basbear said:

I was telling huddlers this team lost talent and most dis-agreed. Luvu is a legit difference maker, his replacement is playing like dogshit. I thought jewell had a better understanding of everos D, but he looks lost and weak.

We definitely lost some talent (mainly Burns and Luvu) from last year and outside of Diontae, we didn’t replace that talent. With Brown being out for the year, that kind of minimizes the effect of a healthy Horn and Shaq although we don’t know if they’ll play all year. That said, losing Luvu, Brown and Burns is a major reason why we’ve given up 73 points and the other teams did take their feet off the gas because we only scored 13.

29 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

We definitely lost some talent (mainly Burns and Luvu) from last year and outside of Diontae, we didn’t replace that talent. With Brown being out for the year, that kind of minimizes the effect of a healthy Horn and Shaq although we don’t know if they’ll play all year. That said, losing Luvu, Brown and Burns is a major reason why we’ve given up 73 points and the other teams did take their feet off the gas because we only scored 13.

Yes and other factors too. The QB handing them the keys to the car. The waiver DBs and new guys just not being settled into place. Along with the talent shortfall. If injuries don't pile up too much it should get better.

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Well that, and the Defense trotting out on to the field every 2 minutes bc our inept qb can’t get a first down or extend plays. Give this Defense some rest up time between possessions and I guarantee you will see better play. 

1 hour ago, pantherdad said:

Well that, and the Defense trotting out on to the field every 2 minutes bc our inept qb can’t get a first down or extend plays. Give this Defense some rest up time between possessions and I guarantee you will see better play. 

That excuse would be interesting if it was really true. In the first halves, we’ve given up 50 points. In the 2nd halves we’ve given up 23 points. Both the Chargers and the Saints scored TDs on their opening drives, before Young even stepped on the field. The Saints scored on every single possession they had until we finally stopped one drive in the 4th quarter.

This D has been run over, regardless of how bad Young played.