• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At what point does the NFL competition committee speak with Tepper

TheBigKat

27 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I'm to the point that I'm not even sure that will work. I mean... Freaking Bob Kraft got caught human trafficking (unfortunately the evidence was obtained illegally) and literally didn't even get a slap on the wrist from the NFL...

If memory serves Kraft was asking for the "Happy Ending Special" at a message parlor. I'm not sure that rises to the level of "human trafficking".

28 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I'm to the point that I'm not even sure that will work. I mean... Freaking Bob Kraft got caught human trafficking (unfortunately the evidence was obtained illegally) and literally didn't even get a slap on the wrist from the NFL...

Man, you're probably right. You know it's bad when the drink assault was by far the most excitement I had all of last season, just for the prospects of what the aftermath could be. How could I be so naive. 

• Beer 1

Just now, ThPantherFan said:

President of football operations.  Yes indeed. 

I've said that since the day he bought the team. Tepper needs to realize that he needs someone who knows how to find the right people in charge of this team and only talk to that person. He needs to stay the f**k out of the day to day operations.  And most importantly the Monday morning coaches meeting is the dumbest thing ever. Stop it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

We’re going to be a decade in before we even possibly make the playoffs

he’s nuked the local attendance

he’s alienated local politicians

he’s nuked the region TV viewership

overall Tepper has been a BAD NFL owner that’s dragging down the other 31 billionaires

when does Roger pull him aside and make him hire a President of Football 

I haven't read all the thread but my answer is, maybe they did. I mean, Vegas is getting hurt.

4 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

That literally doesn't happen.  Also if our GM is good you can turn any team around in a year or two.   I don't get these exaggerations about how we're automatically screwed for the next 5 or 10 years.  I'm not a fan of Morgan so far but it's in the hands of him and his scouts.  If we hit on wr this past draft (I don't think we did) then he potentially replaces dj Moore.  We are past the year with no first, and we got our second back from the rams.   It was an all time bad trade, but there is no reason at all to say we will still be awful in 2 years unless Morgan is bad, which I'm not ruling out  

I hate to tell you, but I think Tepper is basically our GM when it comes to the key decisions 

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, csx said:

But many said it didn't matter if it failed. In a trade up like that it doesn't matter if the player is terrible or just kinda ok. It's a failure either way.

Stroud was as a draft prospect at the time what most would consider the "safe pick". He checked all the boxes from the standpoint of what people look for in a pocket passing QB in a league skewed comically toward passing the ball. Then that stupid S2 nonsense started making the rounds and the rest is history.

The Panthers did this to themselves by getting hung up on factors beyond the basics.

"I'm a football player not a test taker"

🫴🎤

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 3

10 hours ago, 3838 said:

If memory serves Kraft was asking for the "Happy Ending Special" at a message parlor. I'm not sure that rises to the level of "human trafficking".

Although I'm sure he wasn't the one that "trafficked" the women, I'm pretty sure he was well aware of what was going on. It just shows how fuged our country is - be a billionaire and you can literally get away with anything you want to