• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I don’t understand the the hate on Tepper for Bryce getting benched

hepcat

2 minutes ago, SOJA said:

It does not matter how you feel about benching bryce, David tepper being involved in the decision is NOT a good thing. Just because he makes a singular good call does not mean he should be involved. This only makes me more concerned about our future moving forward 

To take that seriously, an absolute ban on Tepper having input... you gonna have to go some. That is not the way they run teams. You're spending the big money, making a critical decision, he holds veto power at the very least. 

3 minutes ago, strato said:

To take that seriously, an absolute ban on Tepper having input... you gonna have to go some. That is not the way they run teams. You're spending the big money, making a critical decision, he holds veto power at the very least. 

right most owners give the blessing on major decisions. They don't initiate them and they don't involve themselves with the minutia of the team. Which Tepper is certainly still doing 

9 minutes ago, SOJA said:

right most owners give the blessing on major decisions. They don't initiate them and they don't involve themselves with the minutia of the team. Which Tepper is certainly still doing 

Well I would just ask, where did you learn the play by play of the deal? 

I am not aware that we are certain he instigated.

And if he approves something brought to him it is a much different scenario. Right? 

There is as much certainty that a guess can have, that they, Canales, Morgan, Tepper,  discussed contingencies prior to employment. So they had some ground rules, I would think, some 'if this, then that' discussions. Etc. 

Looks like the timeline for this contingency was moved up because Bryce was sucking so hard. 

I don't know who instigated, unless someone has something solid. 

I agree with it in any event.

Edited by strato

1 minute ago, strato said:

If it is my team, Prez needs to speak with me about it. Even if he has rubber stamp approval negotiated in. 

Of course he speaks with the owner. That's his boss and answers to him. But the President's decision is how it's going to go. Dave has to listen and judge his performance by the results and not what he wants at that moment. 

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, SOJA said:

It does not matter how you feel about benching bryce, David tepper being involved in the decision is NOT a good thing. Just because he makes a singular good call does not mean he should be involved. This only makes me more concerned about our future moving forward 

This!  Some of you are so happy Bryce is benched if Tepper made the call your fine with it. If Tepper had any say at all on this other then being told by Canales that is the problem, a very big one that will keep us in this situation for a generation.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Buster Bryce said:

Benching Bryce has me like .. this Tepper guy might be alright after all

Depending on how it is all playing out in the office, it could be a good sign. 

edit: And what the heck do you guys think you can do about it if he doesn't allow Dove Canales and Damn Morgan complete autonomy?

Which allegedly according to some, he did with Fitterer.

You can bitch and stomp your feet. I am not a fan of Tepper's either, fwiw, and that started immediately with his 'swearing in', 

Edited by strato

I can explain the hate for you, hepcat. Bryce should have been benched after the first drive of the third quarter. The fact that he wasn't, combined with Dave C's weird "Bryce is our QB" quote after the game, then benching him the next day pretty much told us that at the very least, he needed Tepper's permission to bench Bryce, at worst, Tepper made our HC coach bench Bryce. Either scenario is not how an NFL team is supposed to function, so it means that Tepp has learned nothing after 6 years. Hence the hate.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I can explain the hate for you, hepcat. Bryce should have been benched after the first drive of the third quarter. The fact that he wasn't, combined with Dave C's weird "Bryce is our QB" quote after the game, then benching him the next day pretty much told us that at the very least, he needed Tepper's permission to bench Bryce, at worst, Tepper made our HC coach bench Bryce. Either scenario is not how an NFL team is supposed to function, so it means that Tepp has learned nothing after 6 years. Hence the hate.

I'm all.for. head coach changing his.mond from one day to the next. 

fuging stupidity