• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I don’t understand the the hate on Tepper for Bryce getting benched

hepcat

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Look guys, I’m as big of a Tepper hater as you can find in the Panthers faithful. But the hate is truly getting out of control if he’s now being blamed for benching Bryce. To me it’s actually showing the accountability that Bryce was a mistake. Now of course Tepper is 100% the source of all these issues and we can bash him until the Earth spins into the sun, but bashing him for Bryce getting benched is just insane. It was the right move. 

Moving forward he can do a better job by not schmoozing with the potential draft picks and influencing his staff with who to pick. I’m not hopeful for the future at all but at the very least he’s been humbled by the past 6 years and maybe that will benefit us in the long term. That’s the only optimism I’ve got right now. 

He is the scapegoat for everything because it's the easiest simplest solution to bring everything on one person.  He has made some bad decisions as he's learned and been humbled.   He may continue to, or he may learn from them as he appears to have done so far this season.  The thing he's got going for him is he definitely wants to win.  Sunday people here were saying Tepper is forcing Canales to stick with Bryce and the next day people here say Tepper forced him to bench him.  Tepper isn't the boogeyman so many people are making him.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I would never buy a jersey of a current player because it will definitely curse them.  Also, players change way too frequently to invest in something tied to a current one.  I'd just buy a Cam jersey or something and call it a day.

I enjoy seeing the extremely obscure jerseys of someone’s favorite college player or something. 

Tepper’s reputation precedes him now and until things turn around he has to lay in the bed he made.

Same thing happened with Jordan. By the end every misfortune the Hornets faced was being blamed on him directly, though I doubt it was really all him. That’s the price you pay when you put yourself out there as an involved owner from the jump.

Edited by MechaZain
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, hepcat said:

If anything the bashing should be why wasn’t he benched last season? 

It goes back to the disfunction inside the building. Everything they did was a disaster in some way or another. The questions are endless and the answers all circle right back to the decision makers. Whatever decision that had a major impact to the future of the team was wrong and ended in disaster. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1