• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I don’t understand the the hate on Tepper for Bryce getting benched

hepcat

Bryce should never have been starting. He has one half of football that looks pro level in 18 games. Tepper has been heavily involved in operating a business He knows nothing about. I don't care if Tepper benched him. Tepper drafted and started him when it's clear to anyone who watched last season and 2 games of this that BY has never been a starting caliber QB in the NFL. 

• Beer 4

8 minutes ago, thennek said:

Pretty sure Reich, Josh McCown, and Deuce Staley were fired by Tepper because they wanted to bench Bryce last year.  

So the hate on him is that he is doing it too late? Well I agree, but the man has to learn sometime. We’re stuck with him. The whole point of my post is maybe, finally, he’s becoming humbled and that might bode well for our future. 

• Pie 1

He deserves some blame but I'm still not 100% clear on what's going on behind the closed doors. Someone posted a video that had people breaking down DC's presser and there were some nuggets in there. 

We have to wait and see. But fug Tepper anyways. If the crowd wasn't chanting 'sell the team' would Young have been sat after game 2? IDK and I don't think it can be proved one way or the other yet. Given the history a lot of people have trust issues with him and his people which is fair. I'm just not going to go rabid because it's not fun and I am happy to see watchable Panther football even if it only last 1 quarter.  

Big brain Tepper can tell you that he is right all the time and will tell you why that is....................and that he is never wrong and can tell you why......

...and because he has 20 billion more than most people do is because he is right and never wrong.

........and that is who you have running the whole organization..........so good luck Panther fans!!! 

48 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Look guys, I’m as big of a Tepper hater as you can find in the Panthers faithful. But the hate is truly getting out of control if he’s now being blamed for benching Bryce. To me it’s actually showing the accountability that Bryce was a mistake. Now of course Tepper is 100% the source of all these issues and we can bash him until the Earth spins into the sun, but bashing him for Bryce getting benched is just insane. It was the right move. 

Moving forward he can do a better job by not schmoozing with the potential draft picks and influencing his staff with who to pick. I’m not hopeful for the future at all but at the very least he’s been humbled by the past 6 years and maybe that will benefit us in the long term. That’s the only optimism I’ve got right now. 

We aren't mad at Tapper for benching Bryce, we are mad at Tepper for forcing his views on our front office to draft Bryce and then forcing Reich to keep Bryce out there last year when the dude clearly wasn't ready (and frankly never will be).

• Pie 1

I don’t think he is for benching Bryce in a vaccum 

the benching simply brings to the front the fact David Tepper is still running all the big decisions. Tepper benched Bryce.   And more importantly, it shows the plan coming to this season….big picture, was all trash. 

• Pie 2