• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: Has Bryce Played His Last Snap as a Panther?

Captroop

Has Bryce Played His Last Snap as a Panther?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Bryce Young will start another game for the Carolina Panthers?

• No. He's played his last game as a Panther.
    • Yes. He gets another start later this season due to injury or Dalton proving ineffective.
    • Yes. He will get another chance at being the starter after watching and learning for a while.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Only he can control that now. He's got to compete for a starting role here or wherever he ends up.

Yeah sink or swim time. It should be obvious pretty soon if he even cares. I've never really gotten the impression that he's even wanted to be here. Or if he did and that's how he displays his true excitement and desire to lead an NFL team it doesn't translate to the fans or the locker room.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah sink or swim time. It should be obvious pretty soon if he even cares. I've never really gotten the impression that he's even wanted to be here. Or if he did and that's how he displays his true excitement and desire to lead an NFL team it doesn't translate to the fans or the locker room.

He doesn't have what it going to take to pull this team out of last place if that's how he intends to play. From here on his fate here is dependent on what Dalton is able to do.

After the shock, let's think about this pragmatically. He has two years of guaranteed salary and significant draft capital invested in his acquisition.  The only hope of saving his career is to sit him down.  We have invested a 2023 2nd round picks and a 2024 1st round pick at the WR spot, we have a possible steal with our 2024 4th round pick at TE, and have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on the OL.  The development of the team cannot trump one player.

I'm pretty sure DC has a plan to help him.  If it means that he is with the QB coach cleaning up footwork or even getting practice reps that will build his confidence back up at a slower pace, do it.  Benching Young doesn't necessarily mean throwing him aside, but it also means he is no longer immune to competition.

If Dalton holds the job, which I feel he will, Bryce's reaction to the demotion will be the determining factor for his future.  If he is cut loose after the season you know that there were some serious behind the scene issues.

Tom Brady elaborated on the current development of QB's recently and is SPOT ON.  Pat Mahomes and Jordan Love sat and learned.  Gardner Minshew, Baker, and even Sam Darnold took time to recover from youth, lack of development, and poor situations.  He can work his way back, but I think we need a veteran for the rest of this year and to push him next year.

• Pie 2