• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: Has Bryce Played His Last Snap as a Panther?

Captroop

Has Bryce Played His Last Snap as a Panther?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Bryce Young will start another game for the Carolina Panthers?

• No. He's played his last game as a Panther.
    • Yes. He gets another start later this season due to injury or Dalton proving ineffective.
    • Yes. He will get another chance at being the starter after watching and learning for a while.

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I think Dalton will eventually get banged up and he will have to play. I do think we move on from him in the offseason.

This is the most realistic scenario; Bryce has been bad. This wasn't even about ''winning'' we could not even COMPETE with the way Bryce was playing. 

So unless somehow Andy just somehow plays worse than Bryce, then at that point it really doesn't matter anyway. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, TD alt said:

I used to think that he was worth that, but the talking heads have convinced me that the organization is simply not well regarded. Bryce is seen as a victim by many. As such we should be able to get a three or four (I actually heard someone say say maybe a two or three, but I can't remember who it was).

I don't know what a team might think he's worth but if they could get him to ask for a trade and say it ain't me it's them then it may be possible that someone ignores his size and thinks he's a victim of a bad org (which at the moment is true even if I believe he's a big part of the reason but not the only reason).

1 hour ago, PappyMay said:

and add $22million to the dead cap? if you can find someone who wants to take on that contract i'm all for moving on. Financially just doesn't make much sense unless you can trade him.

For sure we can't just cut him. We will have to find a way to trade. Probably pay some of his contract or something. I wouldn't expect anything in return at this point. Especially if Dalton can at least make the offense competitive. Look like an NFL offense on the lower side. I'd be happy with that. What's done is done. Holding on to Young at this time doesn't bring your picks and WR back. 

Like my dad used to say, "Hoping for something bad to be good is like waiting for the bus in the woods"

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

My biggest pet peeve with this Baker and Darnold take lately is that the Panthers is not the last team either of these players have played for.

VVV

1 hour ago, PantherKyle said:

Yeah but Darnold sat in Niners system and learned and Baker played a handful of games with the Rams and didn't look bad. Shanahan and McVay helped them. 

This. I was going to say the exact same thing. I completely agree. I think they both learned something under a top 5 coach. Especially being veterans now with lots of different experiences. Look at Jake Delhome. He was a veteran journeyman and look what he did for us. I wish both of them the best and kind of root for them to be honest. Especially Darnold. I don't know why but I always kinda liked the guy. He's not a dawg but he tried hard I thought. He's still trying with his latest job. I hope he figures it out. 

59 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think the list will be short. Look at Rosen, Fields, Wilson, Jones, etc. A clear bust will have limited options moving forward.

He's got until the end of his 3rd season to show something. That's what those other guy were given. But those teams drafted or signed a replacement after their 2nd season. Bryce didn't even get that far before he was benched, rightfully so. It just highlights how bad this organization has been run. Whether you want to call it ineptitude or misfortune it's been spiraling out of control for far too long under the new guys watch.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

He's got until the end of his 3rd season to show something. That's what those other guy were given. But those teams drafted or signed a replacement after their 2nd season. Bryce didn't even get that far before he was benched, rightfully so. It just highlights how bad this organization has been run. Whether you want to call it ineptitude or misfortune it's been spiraling out of control for far too long under the new guys watch.

I think he will get one more shot after here(likely in 2025 as a backup) to show anything or I think he will be out of the league in maybe a year or two after that.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think he will get one more shot after here(likely in 2025 as a backup) to show anything or I think he will be out of the league in maybe a year or two after that.

It's likely he plays again this season and it will be just good enough for them to think he might be good enough to sell later. As a starter here long term is not happening. Not unless he finds some mojo while waiting for Andy to get crushed. There will be another qb or 2 added in the offseason and 1of them will be expected to start. Young will not be one of them, unless he finds a witch doctor. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's likely he plays again this season and it will be just good enough for them to think he might be good enough to sell later. As a starter here long term is not happening. Not unless he finds some mojo while waiting for Andy to get crushed. There will be another qb or 2 added in the offseason and 1of them will be expected to start. Young will not be one of them, unless he finds a witch doctor. 

I think he gets moved in the offseason. I expect at whatever small price we can get.

I think it's very possible Bryce doesn't play again this season. The oline did a pretty good job against Mack and Bosa in pass pro. If they can protect Dalton and not subject him to a lot of pressure and hits, then he may make it through while playing well. Based on the Seattle game last season, he's still got something left in the tank. The running game will likely be the team's calling card anyway with a likely push coming from Brooks in a couple of weeks. He and Chuba could carry the team. We'll see.