• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: Has Bryce Played His Last Snap as a Panther?

Captroop

Has Bryce Played His Last Snap as a Panther?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Bryce Young will start another game for the Carolina Panthers?

• No. He's played his last game as a Panther.
    • Yes. He gets another start later this season due to injury or Dalton proving ineffective.
    • Yes. He will get another chance at being the starter after watching and learning for a while.

6 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

The nightmare is Dalton goes down after week 12. Offense is in sync and we’re scoring 28 points a game. Bryce is inserted and actually looks halfway ok, but we would all know that it’s fools gold and he’s living in the house that Andy built. Now that’s depressingly plausible. 
Ugh….. 

He could have did that last year when he came back against a winless vikings team. Nothing changed. Lol 

17 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

He could have did that last year when he came back against a winless vikings team. Nothing changed. Lol 

It’s different this year though. We have some dudes now with home run potential. We have a good line, but nothing has had a chance to gel as of yet. This week will almost be like training camp for them. 

With a veteran like Andy, veterans on the line, receiver spot and RB, and we have legit *potential* home run talented dudes… it could be really fun to watch. Once it gels, it could be enough to give Bryce some undeserved success. 

But that’s the negative in me talking, and this is a new day. 

“Come on in boys, the water is fine.” 

He'll probably get in a game again but he'll be the same ol' same ol' and won't start the next game. 

The team turned on him. You could tell by the post game interviews. Unless he wins the boys back to his side he's done. The locker room will keep him off the field. Plus, he looks like he's already quit. 

Edited by Panthers Rhule
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It wouldnt surprise me at all to learn today we have traded young to the dolphins for like a 5th and a 7th

I used to think that he was worth that, but the talking heads have convinced me that the organization is simply not well regarded. Bryce is seen as a victim by many. As such we should be able to get a three or four (I actually heard someone say say maybe a two or three, but I can't remember who it was).

2 hours ago, PappyMay said:

I'd like to see him play the last few games of the season assuming we are well under .500. Maybe 2-3months on the sideline could do him so good. Makes no sense to cut him next offseason with the dead money and can't imagine a team giving up a decent asset for him at this current moment.

You clearly have to cut him and move on.  

Anyone who thinks we pulled the plug too early, doesnt watch Panthers football. The guy just showed zero. Literally nothing in his rookie year and even more nothing the first 2 games this season. You have to show a spark or some type of sign that says, yes, there is why we drafted him. He is overwhelmed and cant overcome how small he is. I dont know how the entire NFL world and talking heads thought this guy could make it. I was 100% against this pick from the beginning and it went even worse than I could have expected. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

After hearing of Bryce's benching I've watched a lot of NFL pundits, analysts, sports personalities comment on this. All of them agree that the Panthers take the biggest blame and is most at fault for Bryce's failures. No support, no consistency, no plan. 

Not trying to defend Bryce's play but there is evidence that other QB's have gone on to be better. Ex Baker and Darnold have played better after they left Carolina. Maybe you have lazy workers, but when a company stinks, it starts at the top too. 

• Beer 3

3 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

After hearing of Bryce's benching I've watched a lot of NFL pundits, analysts, sports personalities comment on this. All of them agree that the Panthers take the biggest blame and is most at fault for Bryce's failures. No support, no consistency, no plan. 

Not trying to defend Bryce's play but there is evidence that other QB's have gone on to be better. Ex Baker and Darnold have played better after they left Carolina. Maybe you have lazy workers, but when a company stinks, it starts at the top too. 

My biggest pet peeve with this Baker and Darnold take lately is that the Panthers is not the last team either of these players have played for.

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Overall, he is pretty much done here unless Dalton gets hurt for some reason and can't play.

IF we elevate Plummer or bring in a new QB then that's pretty much out the window too. Also, judging off how his camp has reacted I wouldnt be surprised if he is traded before the deadline.  

This is the first time the kid has ever been demoted in his football career. Expect an extreme measure response to that at some point. 

I sure hope we bring in another guy, I don't want to have to watch Young or Plummer if Dalton goes down.  

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

My biggest pet peeve with this Baker and Darnold take lately is that the Panthers is not the last team either of these players have played for.

Yeah but Darnold sat in Niners system and learned and Baker played a handful of games with the Rams and didn't look bad. Shanahan and McVay helped them. 

• Pie 1