• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: Has Bryce Played His Last Snap as a Panther?

Captroop

Has Bryce Played His Last Snap as a Panther?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Bryce Young will start another game for the Carolina Panthers?

• No. He's played his last game as a Panther.
    • Yes. He gets another start later this season due to injury or Dalton proving ineffective.
    • Yes. He will get another chance at being the starter after watching and learning for a while.

23 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

All true. But there's always some coach that will think they can fix him and get him back to the qb he was in college. Hell, look at the support he's getting today in the media. Most thinks it's the support around him that's failed him. If that's true then they are better off letting that be the narrative going forward and trade him at seasons end where hopefully they can get something of value other than a 5th for him. Is it likely that it happens? Probably not. But i would ride that narrative as long as I could. 

A coach at another franchise.  I am saying what has happened here is pretty unprecedented and I cannot think of another player that has bounced back after being benched on his own team

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

A coach at another franchise.  I am saying what has happened here is pretty unprecedented and I cannot think of another player that has bounced back after being benched on his own team

It's happened but it depends on the player. It's been a long time ago but it's not unprecedented. Now giving up on a 1st overall pick this soon, if they truly have, is a record. It usually takes 2 seasons at least. So this story is not over yet. Young will most likely be forced to play again soon enough as Andy has a shelf life as a starter a 15 games is a huge ask of him at his age.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

It's happened but it depends on the player. It's been a long time ago but it's not unprecedented. Now giving up on a 1st overall pick this soon, if they truly have, is a record. It usually takes 2 seasons at least. So this story is not over yet. Young will most likely be forced to play again soon enough as Andy has a shelf life as a starter a 15 games is a huge ask of him at his age.

That what I was referring to.  Canning him 2 games into a new coaches tenure is fuging nuts

It's possible but idk if he can save face in the locker room and be the leader of the team after they benched him two games in for the good of said locker room.

Kiper does make points about the lack of playing in preseason we all talked about that I didn't agree with it. Certainly that has an impact. But at this point it looks to me like they were hiding Bryce Young because they already knew what was up.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 3

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That what I was referring to.  Canning him 2 games into a new coaches tenure is fuging nuts

Yeah that screams the owner stepping in to voice his opinion. I thought they would at least give him 3 or 4 games to get it together before pulling him in game. That's how it's done normally and not let it go on all game and 24 hours later decide. It's still a mess in BOA.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Yeah that screams the owner stepping in to voice his opinion. I thought they would at least give him 3 or 4 games to get it together before pulling him in game. That's how it's done normally and not let it go on all game and 24 hours later decide. It's still a mess in BOA.

I think the visual of the come apart of Thielen finally got through to Tepper as to the state of the rest of the players. When Mr. Cool does that, it’s eye opening. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's possible but idk if he can save face in the locker room and be the leader of the team after they benched him two games in for the good of said locker room.

Kiper does make points about the lack of playing in preseason we all talked about that I didn't agree with it. Certainly that has an impact. But at this point it looks to me like they were hiding Bryce Young because they already knew what was up.

2 years in a row of looks like a duck, quacks like a duck... actually you're a hater if you say its a duck.  Well guess what.  It's a duck.. again.  So absurd lol. 

• Pie 1

Overall, he is pretty much done here unless Dalton gets hurt for some reason and can't play.

IF we elevate Plummer or bring in a new QB then that's pretty much out the window too. Also, judging off how his camp has reacted I wouldnt be surprised if he is traded before the deadline.  

This is the first time the kid has ever been demoted in his football career. Expect an extreme measure response to that at some point. 

• Beer 1