• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: Has Bryce Played His Last Snap as a Panther?

Captroop

Has Bryce Played His Last Snap as a Panther?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Bryce Young will start another game for the Carolina Panthers?

• No. He's played his last game as a Panther.
    • Yes. He gets another start later this season due to injury or Dalton proving ineffective.
    • Yes. He will get another chance at being the starter after watching and learning for a while.

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It wouldnt surprise me at all to learn today we have traded young to the dolphins for like a 5th and a 7th

I would be. As much as he sucked so far the team still needs to hold onto him this season at least. Things can change in an instant in the nfl as well as fortunes. This story is not over yet.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I would be. As much as he sucked so fat the team still needs to hold onto him this season at least. Things can change in an instant in the nfl as well as fortunes. This story is not over yet.

I dont think this has ever happened before and what you are suggesting is the ultimate best case scenario and the odds are minuscule.   He is shot now and everyone including his teammates have no faith in him. 

People are saying the Dolphins and Giants should consider a trade. Dolphins blog I saw said a 4th/5th and a 7th I think. I'd take it. If someone did trade for him they have to dish out $6m a year for the next few years...

It wouldn't totally shock me if he's not even at practice tmrw. I just feel like there's going to be too much tension between his dad and the staff or something, just making it really awkward. 

• Pie 2

I misread and clicked the wrong one. Let me put it this way. 

I think he has started his last game for the Panthers. I think the Panthers are finished with him after this season.

Now, if Dalton goes down and Bryce is active for that game then he goes in. However, I think they bring somebody else in or let Plummer start down the line if it's planned. 

1 minute ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Him playing will lose trade value. 

I think if we are eliminated from the playoffs they start Plummer and see if he can develop into a back up QB. 

I hear you and dont necessarily disagree but...

That doesnt mean that the coaches in BOA will feel the same way.  I think he gets a start or two to prove he isnt a lost cause

This season?  Absolutely unless Dalton gets hurt.  Hopefully that doesn't happen, but the injury risk is higher than it would be with a younger QB.  Especially someone who can't move around like they used to.  That is the only way I see Bryce starting again this year and even then, can't rule out Plummer.  

You don't bench the QB you traded up for at the No. 1 Overall Pick unless you are certain they suck.  Panthers confirmed what they think of Bryce and so it would be very hard for him to start again unless Dalton somehow looked even worse, and even then I think the team might go with Plummer.

Next season will be interesting.  No way do they go into the season with Bryce as the starter, but I could see him staying as the back-up.  Just depends on how lowly they think of him.  Either way he is going to affect the cap, so MAYBE it is better to keep him as a back-up? 

There is literally 0 to gain by putting BY back on the field. What does anyone need to see at this point that hasn’t already been shown?

We’ve seen his size. Lack of motivation. Didn’t gain a single pound since last season. Arm still weak as ever.  Can’t  see over the lineman. He does not have a single above average NFl attribute. 

This team was on the brink of losing the locker room. I bet those dudes are pumped at practice today. First game of the season is this Sunday.

With that said, Tepper is going to Tepper. Canales probably told him to sit BY for the season to learn and that he’d start next season. He couldn’t outright call the owner’s son a bum.

When asked if it was his decision, he said that he’d keep that information private, or something to that regard. Everyone can read between the lines on that one. Does he take a frustration jab by saying it that way? It kind of has that feeling. It’s a question he knew he was going to get so that is the answer he planned to deliver, so it’s not like he was caught off guard with it. this conversation should of happened after the first game. “Hey Tep, if your boy lays another egg, I’m pulling him at half.” 

I know I read too much in to things, but it’s just a weird go for me. A coach with autonomy over the team would have pulled BY at halftime, 100% of the time. I understand the company line that BY is our QB. Cool. What else would you expect him to say. 

I could see that meeting being pretty heated and Canales snatching his man card back from underneath the brass balls. At least I hope that’s how it went. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan
  • Pie 1

30 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I dont think this has ever happened before and what you are suggesting is the ultimate best case scenario and the odds are minuscule.   He is shot now and everyone including his teammates have no faith in him. 

All true. But there's always some coach that will think they can fix him and get him back to the qb he was in college. Hell, look at the support he's getting today in the media. Most thinks it's the support around him that's failed him. If that's true then they are better off letting that be the narrative going forward and trade him at seasons end where hopefully they can get something of value other than a 5th for him. Is it likely that it happens? Probably not. But i would ride that narrative as long as I could. 

Edited by Jon Snow