• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How to gaslight an NFL team....

Jmac

I think team Fitterer sold Tepper on it.   Tepper very much spoke like his GM sold him on the reasoning.  It wasn’t coach talk 

Frank and Mrs Tepper team Stroud.  Frank’s people were hitting the media hard that he liked a Stroud type and Schedter gave us the Mrs scoop. 

Early reporting was their was a divide in house…which I would assume meant 2 different parties trying to sell Tepper 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think team Fitterer sold Tepper on it.   Tepper very much spoke like his GM sold him on the reasoning.  It wasn’t coach talk 

Frank and Mrs Tepper team Stroud.  Frank’s people were hitting the media hard that he liked a Stroud type and Schedter gave us the Mrs scoop. 

Early reporting was their was a divide in house…which I would assume meant 2 different parties trying to sell Tepper 

Part of that could have been to try to entice Houston to trade up.  If Houston had taken the bait and given us 33 to trade places with us, we'd probably being sitting with Stroud and maybe Laporta.  Man what a difference that would have made.

• Pie 1

Frank and Josh were giddy over Stroud. Frank was recording CJ's pro day on his phone and had a wide grin on his face the whole time a camera was on him. Josh was joking around hugging CJ and running him through drills. Nicole and CJ work with the same charity. Only Nicole, Fitterer, and Dave were giddy after Bryce's scripted malarkey.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

You got it. I’m not defending Tepper because he kept Marty, hired Rhule, hired Fitterer, kept Fitterer too long, hired Reich and maybe more. He's been terrible but how can you not look at all the bad moves and think the Tepper’s forced Young to be taken. He didn’t stop Canales from benching Young after week 2 when the same people said that Canales was forced to use Young and had no say on who was starting.

It’s the sound bites that people hang on to and the need for one single point of failure/boogeyman.

Nicole hugs Young becomes Nicole made the call on Young. No one keeps bringing up that Stroud called Nicole Mama Tepp.

Tepper regurgitated the point guard analogy in April around the draft but no one mentions that Thomas Brown discussed the point guard analogy with Panthers media in February.

Fitterer and Reich say they are in lock step and said both preferred Young before and after their draft prep and Fitterer says he liked Young the best when he was evaluating for the 2022 draft, but somehow Tepper forced the Young call.

Objectively, if you want a single point of failure, go with the guy who said he loved Young and wanted him for a couple years. The rest of his 3 years of awful GMing kind of point to the fact that he sucked balls and he came from success with a smaller QB. Tepper came from Pittsburgh where they had big QBs in Bradshaw (6’3” 215 in 1970) and Big Ben.

Yea, just using all that we know from all parties involved, I’m putting Bryce on Fitt. He was singing his praises 2 years prior, he had Russell Wilson (another smaller QB), and Fitt was terrible at his job. I blame Tepper for hiring Fitt, but this team has Fitts paws all over it. It’s why I don’t think Morgan is going to work. I don’t think Morgan is going to work, and as long as we’re still using the scouts of Fitts time, we’ll continue to flounder. I remember in them fluff videos how all those scouts were gushing over Bryce. 

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Frank and Josh were giddy over Stroud. Frank was recording CJ's pro day on his phone and had a wide grin on his face the whole time a camera was on him. Josh was joking around hugging CJ and running him through drills. Nicole and CJ work with the same charity. Only Nicole, Fitterer, and Dave were giddy after Bryce's scripted malarkey.

NFL insiders literally bust Tepper’s ball over the fact his wife wanted Stroud 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Samppson said:

Yep, I think whether he came out and said it or not, its easy to get a read who your "boss" wants, and be swayed that way. I think Bryce crushed it at that dinner, hes well spoken, super likeable, just the sort of guy Tepper would fall for, while Stroud isnt nearly as polished speaking wise. 

I do think its strange how the whole S2 thing happened, like apparently Bryce had been taking S2's since highschool practicing them lol, I guess at least the S2 test is probably dead now, it certainly doesnt seem to translate at all. Bunch of snake oil that of course our owner bought into.

I honestly lol'ed at people saying that this test isn't something you can't train for. Pretty sure if you keep doing the same type of reaction speed test (or whatever the hell it is) over and over again for over 5 years, you are going to score better than someone who has never taken it before...

Much like the Wonderlic, it's a useless test that will probably be completely ignored after seeing how big of a bust Bryce is. The fact that our idiot owner thought this test was more important than athleticism, arm strength, accuracy, footwork/mechanics, etc. is just telling of how clueless he is when it comes to assessing talent in football. Hopefully Tepper learned his lesson and never recommends another player again; unfortunately, he is so narcissistic he probably will never stay out of things and let the experts handle them.

On April 20, 2023, I posted on “The Athletic” a prophecy that unfortunately came true:

Defensive coordinators will force him to throw over the middle where he can’t see the passing lanes and doesn’t have the arm strength to compensate. Watch the LSU and Georgia games as evidence. He also isn’t quick or fast enough to avoid an NFL blitz. Not only is he small, but he’s slow. I don’t care how elite his mind is, he has no elite physical attributes (size, accuracy, speed, or arm strength). Don’t confuse the film that shows him completing passes when not pressured. He had many highlight plays when he had all the time in the world - he won’t have that in the NFL. Couple these fears with his diminutive stature and you have a high risk proposition for number 1 overall. I want nothing to do with Bryce Young and will be supremely disappointed if we draft him at 1. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Samppson said:

Yep, I think whether he came out and said it or not, its easy to get a read who your "boss" wants, and be swayed that way. I think Bryce crushed it at that dinner, hes well spoken, super likeable, just the sort of guy Tepper would fall for, while Stroud isnt nearly as polished speaking wise. 

I do think its strange how the whole S2 thing happened, like apparently Bryce had been taking S2's since highschool practicing them lol, I guess at least the S2 test is probably dead now, it certainly doesnt seem to translate at all. Bunch of snake oil that of course our owner bought into.

Second time Tepper has been conned when there is food involved. I'm about to bake him a pie and ask for 100 million dollars while he's mid bite

• Beer 3

7 hours ago, rodeo said:

He made billions in government bailout money by buying debt and dying stocks from the '08 recession, and then getting billions of our tax dollars handed to him. He's a welfare queen.

I like to use 'parasite'.