• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dianna Russini/Chase Daniel Athletic podcast with Joe Person

Jackie Lee

21 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The primary issue is -- was it the right decision?  Not-- Who made the decision?

Yes.  It was the right decision--not only was the locker room in free fall, but the fan base was as well.

I mean you could argue either way.  Especially if you supposedly hired a qb whisperer and its 2 games in.   Ive said it 100x now but by making this move you have cratered his career in carolina and thats fuging wild simply 2 games in.  WTF were they doing in the off season and how the fug did he look competent vs jets and buff?

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

So does this fanbase hate tepper so much that they'd cut their nose off to spite their face and keep Bryce in at QB because Tepper told Canales to Bench him?

I don't care who made the call, it's the right call.

probably but its still wild as hell to me that it only took 18 games (2 for DC) to be like "fug this" and we still owe a 2nd to pay him off

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

probably but its still wild as hell to me that it only took 18 games (2 for DC) to be like "fug this" and we still owe a 2nd to pay him off

I really don't know if Tepper told him to do it. The only way that makes sense to me is if he heard the boos and saw the empty stadium and told Canales to pull the plug on the Bryce Experiment because money.

But then Canales also has eyes and he witnessed Bryce flounder behind great protection, solid rushing, and open receivers en route to 80 yards passing total for an entire game after putting up an absolute stinker the week before in NO. If he's not a complete moron, he's benching Bryce himself, owner's opinion be damned.

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

I really don't know if Tepper told him to do it. The only way that makes sense to me is if he heard the boos and saw the empty stadium and told Canales to pull the plug on the Bryce Experiment because money.

But then Canales also has eyes and he witnessed Bryce flounder behind great protection, solid rushing, and open receivers en route to 80 yards passing total for an entire game after putting up an absolute stinker the week before in NO. If he's not a complete moron, he's benching Bryce.

Mac and Bone said the "sell the team" and "tepper sucks' chats were the loudest they have ever heard.  Fowler said something to that as well.   But fug man the way everyone was talking about bryce in camp and in the preseason gave absolutely no indication it was this bad.  Mike Kaye said it was a slow process for young at one point but never said it was outright bad

"Bryce remains the starter" - must be a Tepper decision because Tepper loves Bryce

"Bryce gets benched" - must be a Tepper decision because reasons

I get it, Tepper sucks, but there is so much baseless speculation about his involvement in these decisions.  Even these two/three people aren't confirming anything, just saying what they think.

The explanation for Canales not announcing the benching post-game on Sunday is because THAT IS NOT WHAT HEAD COACHES DO.  They are going to talk to the players first before they make a decision.  

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Mac and Bone said the "sell the team" and "tepper sucks' chats were the loudest they have ever heard.  Fowler said something to that as well.   But fug man the way everyone was talking about bryce in camp and in the preseason gave absolutely no indication it was this bad.  Mike Kaye said it was a slow process for young at one point but never said it was outright bad

See, I don't doubt that Bryce actually looks totally fine or even great in practice / shorts. There's no real pressure in those situations. No one's going all out 100%. No one's disguising coverages. Bryce doesn't have to worry about a muddied pocket in practice, he doesn't have to worry about pre-snap reads and protection calls, etc. He's just kinda standing back there tossing the ball in pristine conditions with clear sight lines. 

Edited by UNCrules2187

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You have to wonder if this level of play is why BY wasn't playing preseason. There would be no way to start him if he was this bad in the preseason against 1's

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

So does this fanbase hate tepper so much that they'd cut their nose off to spite their face and keep Bryce in at QB because Tepper told Canales to Bench him?

I don't care who made the call, it's the right call.

I don’t like Tepper but this board and every Panthers board has major Tepper Derangement Syndrome. 

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think he got David Carr'd. Shell shocked behind a pourous offensive line and it sucked any confidence out of him. He, like you said, looked fine in camp, but the live bullets started flying and he crumbled.

Hell, he looked good in his lone preseason drive. He looked like a completely different QB compared to what we've seen the past two weeks. There was zero confidence on the field since the regular season started.

The best thing for him and his future is to be benched. You can see the doubt in his eyes. If the dude has any testicular fortitude he'll turn this disappointment into motivation to get better.

Not holding my breath though, I think he's cooked and the only way he becomes a competent starter is after years on the bench and for another team.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I think he got David Carr'd. Shell shocked behind a pourous offensive line and it sucked any confidence out of him. He, like you said, looked fine in camp, but the live bullets started flying and he crumbled.

Hell, he looked good in his lone preseason drive. He looked like a completely different QB compared to what we've seen the past two weeks. There was zero confidence on the field since the regular season started.

The best thing for him and his future is to be benched. You can see the doubt in his eyes. If the dude has any testicular fortitude he'll turn this disappointment into motivation to get better.

Not holding my breath though, I think he's cooked and the only way he becomes a competent starter is after years on the bench and for another team.

Him being slouched over after the int was telling.  

• Beer 1