• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dianna Russini/Chase Daniel Athletic podcast with Joe Person

Jackie Lee

7 minutes ago, PanthersNCSU said:

Old friend Bill Voth had a tweet yesterday, basically alluding to it being Tepper's call. Screenshot from the "All or Nothing" episode where Tepper tells Hurney to bench Cam. 

Bill was so god at what he did... hate that the Teppers ran him off.

This was def a Tepper decision...  100%.  Nothing happens in Carolina without Dave and Nicoles blessing.  The comment from Canales " a lot of parties involved" says it all.   

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, csx said:

Person doing what he does best. Picking low hanging drama fruit.

I don't care to be honest

He just sounds as if he has no inside info--he doesn't know the origin of the decision, but when he said, "Nobody makes any decisions without Tepper's blessing."  I cringed.  It is pure conjecture and its underlying sentiment was critical or negative. I used to work in the Sports department at the Charlotte Observer on weekends when i was in grad school.  I was interested in journalism at the time, so I asked a lot of questions--mainly from David Poole, Tom Sorenson, and my favorite reporter, Rick Bonnell. I know what insider info looks and sounds like--Joe aint got none.  But when you start making unsubstantiated comments as if you are in the know, that will hurt your ability to get interviews, info, etc.  They will literally give that stuff to your competitor.   Remember when Darin Gantt covered that "Pie Chart" news conference with the Panthers back around 2010.  He pissed Richardson off, and the following week was assigned to Winthrop volleyball.

It probably was Tepper's call--we all know that.  However, the real issue should be, "Was it the right call?"  I think it was.  This was not about 2 games---Bryce has rarely shown signs of life and he should have demonstrated improvement.

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

Thank goodness for whoever did it.

While the play calling has been off at times (which is to be expected given that it's Canales' second season calling plays in the league), the team around Bryce has been performing. The OL has been protecting and guys have been getting open. It's been 100% on Bryce these last two games and there's no reason to make other guys waste their season while he sputters.

I hate it for him, especially given how bad everything else was around him last season making it damn near impossible to evaluate. This season though through these first two games it has been all on him.

Gotta think that if/when the team is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs that they'll stick him back in to see how he responds on the field. A looot of QBs in this draft class to throw a 3rd or 4th round pick at and come compete.

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The primary issue is -- was it the right decision?  Not-- Who made the decision?

Yes.  It was the right decision--not only was the locker room in free fall, but the fan base was as well.

This is where I'm at - I don't care if Tepper made the call. Obviously I'm hoping Canales made the call without being forced to, but it's the right call for the team regardless of who made it. Even if he was forced too, I'm sure Canales didn't push back whatsoever after what he's seen these first two weeks.

• Pie 1