• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce got benched, but the problem is still the problem

CRA

1 hour ago, CRA said:

We mortgaged our future.  Traded away CMC, DJ Moore and gave up a ton of draft capital to draft Bryce Young #1 overall. Bryce Young got just 18 starts.  Essentially 1 season (plus a game).  And in that 1 season worth of play...Bryce Young got....

3 different HCs

3 different playcallers

2 different offensive systems

14 different starters on the OL

Bryce Young might of been a bad pick. We ensured we got the worst version possible. We basically set the whole thing on fire and now point the finger at him.  And there is a reason Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, and basically everyone is performing a higher level elsewhere. 

The real problem in Carolina, is still in Carolina.  No point drafting any QB in the near future.  If you were to develop a plan to ruin a QB.....we are the textbook example. 

Dalton will help us identify the problem--while I agree with everything you said, Bryce has always won so his confidence has always been inflated.  When he lost it, he lost the team and the ability to take the calculated chances all QBs take.  That makes you force things, second guess, double pump, run from ghosts, etc. Maybe Dalton, who has experience in different systems, can help us realize where we need to begin.  But brining in a QB to a dumpster fire is like putting a band-aid on a broken leg.

If Dalton can play the whole year which I worry about given his age, the Panthers will definitely not be the worst team in the NFL. Dalton can win 5-6 games. But at what cost? He will give a jolt to the team and maybe get a few fans to come back, but there’s no hope right now. They’ve admitted Bryce is a bust. So what now? There’s never been a lower point in franchise history. 

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I know that and you know that but to announce it after 2 games is fuging wild.   And for Canalas to basically come out and say it is fuging wild

Oh yeah it definitely is. I thought we’d have to wait til week 4-6 at least. He just looks so historically bad I seriously think the team was about to revolt…I would’ve ha

12 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Dalton will help us identify the problem--while I agree with everything you said, Bryce has always won so his confidence has always been inflated.  When he lost it, he lost the team and the ability to take the calculated chances all QBs take.  That makes you force things, second guess, double pump, run from ghosts, etc. Maybe Dalton, who has experience in different systems, can help us realize where we need to begin.  But brining in a QB to a dumpster fire is like putting a band-aid on a broken leg.

don't get me wrong.  I wanted him benched.  I would have benched him sooner.  My mind is not on winning but getting balls up to XL, Mingo and Saunders.  Dalton can do that. 

but we are still very much a dumpster fire.  And there is a lot of red flags w/ the Bryce move.  Because it indicates we have zero plan and forward thought, Tepper is still winging it all based on how he feels that day, etc. 

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

Tepper made the call.  And you know that by all the very carefully worded bologna and non-answers/dancing to simple stuff.....that came from Canales after Canales loudly declared Bryce Young the dude Sunday.  

I don’t know man if the broadcast was that bad the coaches film had to be a toilet bowl. I think DCs natural reaction is to be positive and not trash his player on game day. With Tepper you could absolutely be right that it’s 100% him. To me seems like the meeting last Monday between them was either one or both saying he looks like that next week or worse and we gotta cut the cord. Plus I’m just happy to not have to watch him play anymore, I felt bad for the rest of the players

Just now, poorboysrev said:

I don’t know man if the broadcast was that bad the coaches film had to be a toilet bowl. I think DCs natural reaction is to be positive and not trash his player on game day. With Tepper you could absolutely be right that it’s 100% him. To me seems like the meeting last Monday between them was either one or both saying he looks like that next week or worse and we gotta cut the cord. Plus I’m just happy to not have to watch him play anymore, I felt bad for the rest of the players

Then why not say "I have to watch the tape" instead of "Bryce is our QB"?

Why not say "I made this decision and informed Dave about it in our meeting" instead of "I am going to keep that private"?

The jumbled word salad just opens things up

15 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I’ve seen guys getting open..hopefully now we can see if they can catch and be counted on

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I'm not saying he should be fired.  I'm just saying getting rid of Bryce Young doesn't fix the mess that is Carolina.  And we should not draft and ruin whatever potential anyone has at QB until we fix it

Bryce Young might not of had the tools to succeed.  We ensured we got the absolutely worse version out of him though.  And Canales, just like those prior, was indeed part of that disaster. 

The mess in Carolina will never be fixed as long as Tepper meddles and is involved in daily football decisions.  If he lets the football experts make the decisions and coach the team, then there could be hope.

Edited by thennek