• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assuming it's done do you select a qb this year or wait?

Panthero

15 hours ago, Basbear said:

The key simply is gathering young talents at every single position not manned by dbrown.

Exactly. I’m laughing on the inside by the amount of QBs listed in here as options. Young is so bad that people are saying Howell or Bagent or Milton or Rush as if they could really help. We have one pro bowl level talent in Brown. Howell and others aren’t taking this team close to the playoffs.

At some point we need a real franchise QB. Might not be in 2025, but if we keep drafting the way we have been, including 2024, then we’ll be picking top 10 for a long time. When we draft a WR in the first, he should be starting for this team, period.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/the-next-quarterback-class-should-collectively-refuse-to-play-for-david-tepper

It’s high time for incoming quarterbacks to take a stand when it comes to being forced to play for an inept organization. And there’s always strength in numbers. The Panthers should be the first target for a collective “no thanks” by the top prospects.

I mean damn, hes not really wrong though

2 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Those are some big assumptions. If you think we will get 2-3 high end guys from this draft, I think you are sorely mistaken. I’m assuming high end means above average or top 15 at their position. Our rookies are having a hard time getting snaps and with Brown out right now, our OL might be the only place we have an above average starter. Maybe Horn, but with missed time and honestly, TDs given up so far, I think he’s a bit overrated in here. I think Brooks has that potential, but who knows. I don’t think XL, Sanders and Wallace have that potential.

Also, not sure where you got 91 given up. It’s only been 73, which is still awful but not 91.

When you realize that Brown, maybe Horn and a couple OL is all that we have in the above average player bucket, we really do need successful drafts, really successful. Getting 19 snaps in week 2 is not that. We need pro bowl potential guys at some point and right now that’s only Brown. That’s pretty sad, especially since he’s out for the year.

By high end guys I mean high end draft picks - starters with potential.  I don't think it is at all ridiculous to think the 3 possibly 4 guys I mentioned qualify for that.  XL is already starting, Brooks was the top RB in the draft and considered by most to be starter caliber, so if one of the other 2 start regularly we are good.  "High end" in this context I meant to say we don't need to worry about them as a priority in the draft because we are safe there - since the thread was asking what we do in the next draft.  

The 91 is my bad - I had just yesterday looked at the standings and flipped our total with the Saints first 2 games.  That is what I get for going from memory.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/the-next-quarterback-class-should-collectively-refuse-to-play-for-david-tepper

It’s high time for incoming quarterbacks to take a stand when it comes to being forced to play for an inept organization. And there’s always strength in numbers. The Panthers should be the first target for a collective “no thanks” by the top prospects.

I mean damn, hes not really wrong though

Honestly, one of the stupidest things I’ve read. If you honestly think Young would be doing fine in Houston and Stroud would have just been benched, then you shouldn’t be writing articles about football and you clearly have not watched enough Texan and Panthers games.

Also, Young made what, $25M guaranteed? Yeah, I’m sure the entire QB draft class is willing to stand up and dismiss that. SMH, if the QB is good enough, they’ll be good here.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

By high end guys I mean high end draft picks - starters with potential.  I don't think it is at all ridiculous to think the 3 possibly 4 guys I mentioned qualify for that.  XL is already starting, Brooks was the top RB in the draft and considered by most to be starter caliber, so if one of the other 2 start regularly we are good.  "High end" in this context I meant to say we don't need to worry about them as a priority in the draft because we are safe there - since the thread was asking what we do in the next draft.  

The 91 is my bad - I had just yesterday looked at the standings and flipped our total with the Saints first 2 games.  That is what I get for going from memory.

XL was 4th in WR snap counts on Sunday. Thielen and DJ are the starters and Mingo had more of the WR3 snaps. Either way, a 1st round WR on this team should be starting, period.

Brooks has the potential but he damn well better start as soon as he’s healthy.

Sanders got half the snaps with Tremble but he’s not doing much. TEs can take a bit but we need to see some flashes and he should be the entrenched starter by the end of the year considering TEs are a big weakness.

Same with Wallace. This D is not a bunch of world beaters. He needs to be flashing and starting by the end of the year to be considered high end.

This is one of the worst talent level teams in the NFL, if not the worst. A high end potential draft pick should have no problem starting outside of the OL. That’s why I definitely don’t consider any of them high end yet. Brooks we just don’t know at all so his potential is still as high as his draft slot considering RBs don’t typically go early. 

25 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

XL was 4th in WR snap counts on Sunday. Thielen and DJ are the starters and Mingo had more of the WR3 snaps. Either way, a 1st round WR on this team should be starting, period.

Brooks has the potential but he damn well better start as soon as he’s healthy.

Sanders got half the snaps with Tremble but he’s not doing much. TEs can take a bit but we need to see some flashes and he should be the entrenched starter by the end of the year considering TEs are a big weakness.

Same with Wallace. This D is not a bunch of world beaters. He needs to be flashing and starting by the end of the year to be considered high end.

This is one of the worst talent level teams in the NFL, if not the worst. A high end potential draft pick should have no problem starting outside of the OL. That’s why I definitely don’t consider any of them high end yet. Brooks we just don’t know at all so his potential is still as high as his draft slot considering RBs don’t typically go early. 

I think you are being extremely critical considering you have seen only 2 games - we are talking about long term here not assuming these guys will be the same in 2 years as they are now.  By that assessment you would have been wrong about hundreds of guys who took more than 2 games (101 snaps) to become high end.  

My point wasn't as much a comment specifically about these guys - it was to answer the question about what we should do in 8 months at the next draft when these guys have a full season under them.  You sound like you think they have all hit their ceiling or close to it - seems overzealous. 

5 hours ago, Stingray3030 said:

I think you are being extremely critical considering you have seen only 2 games - we are talking about long term here not assuming these guys will be the same in 2 years as they are now.  By that assessment you would have been wrong about hundreds of guys who took more than 2 games (101 snaps) to become high end.  

My point wasn't as much a comment specifically about these guys - it was to answer the question about what we should do in 8 months at the next draft when these guys have a full season under them.  You sound like you think they have all hit their ceiling or close to it - seems overzealous. 

Not being overly critical. We are likely going to finish with the worst record two years in a row. It should be much easier for rookies to start here than say KC.

I agree that 2 games isn’t enough. That’s why I said by the end of the season they need to be locked into starter spots. Look at it this way, Brock Bowers and Malik Nabers have shown enough already that the Raiders/Giants will not be drafting a WR (replacement, could draft a Higgins or Smith WR2) or TE. I wouldn’t say we’ve got a single guy in this year’s draft that has taken a better player in the next draft off the table. They may but not yet and not yet includes all offseason, not just 2 games.

I don’t think any of them have hit their ceiling but while many in here don’t want to admit defeat, if a rookie does not earn a starting spot in Carolina and impress us this year, it’s very unlikely they will be a star. Yes, there are Jordan Love’s and Davante Adams’ out there but there are way more busts that didn’t flash year one. Our own Bryce Young is a prime example, as are almost all of our draft picks since the 2020 draft.