• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assuming it's done do you select a qb this year or wait?

Panthero

2 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

I don’t mean to be mean, but using an example of a team that had talent all around an interception machine and they just happened to sign the goat QB? I guess our strategy should be to build up a solid team over the next decade around a bad QB and hope Mahomes wants to leave KC to prove a point.

not to mention gonk and many other ring chasers came to TB.

they have low-key been drafting good for years and the year TB came they also had wirfs fall to them in draft. he is looking like the best young LT out there.

they got lucky with Shaquil Barrett was the #3 OLB on denver and he showed #1 play for years.

plus coofus.

it was a perfert storm of drafting good, goat, most FA signees were mega hits, coofus= _______

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I think you gotta take a qb, but it doesn't have to be first round.

Far as guys already in the league.

My top choice would be hendon Hooker.

Then, Sam Howell or Joe milton. 

I can get on board with Hooker or even Milton. Howell I needed to be convinced it's an improvement over the other 2. But I'm biased because UNC is a mortal enemy and anything coming out of there is a hell no to me. I bleed UK blue.

57 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I think you gotta take a qb, but it doesn't have to be first round.

Far as guys already in the league.

My top choice would be hendon Hooker.

Then, Sam Howell or Joe milton. 

I have finally become one with the crazy mind of David Tepper.  Ask yourself this question, what is the worst possible outcome? Then you will see the light and inside the mind of a wealthy idiot 

image.jpeg.f0ad7589584d83088bf7e3626d1cb3ad.jpeg

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

First we will trade Derrick Brown to secure the draft capital to acquire DJU

why would we need draft capital to do that? I don’t question these things anymore.  They just are what they are. 

Nothing surprises me at this point. Whatever they do I expect it to end in disaster. If they draft another qb I expect it to be the wrong guy. It's how we roll.

Let's assume Dan and Dave are who we thought they were - the QB cultivator and the tough GM who was held back by Fitts.  If that is true then the 2024 draft will yield 2-3 high end guys, probably XL, Brooks, and Wallace or JT.  Maybe Dave tried to save face for Bryce and let him collapse on field to justify what he already knew - this guy ain't it.  If that is true then we will win 3-4 games this year and probably pick 3-6.  As it stands now there is not a top 5 pick caliber QB out there according to most analysts - if we take one there we are overpaying.  So I would probably take the best available or trade down to a comfortable spot for one of the possible 1st RD QB's like Ward, Beck, "other who rises".  Our defense cannot be overlooked as being atrocious right now too.  We have given up 91 points in 2 games - even if half that is due to poor offense and Bryce we are one of the worst in the league.

I think the pendulum has swung too far into the direction of "Rookie QBs must be on your team because of the contract to skill ratio advantage". We are seeing this in recent drafts, in 1 of 3 drafts maybe you'll find "THAT DUDE". We had our chance on "THAT DUDE" and completely and utterly whiffed. 

Best teams in the NFL right now do not have a young QB on a rookie contract except for Texans. Everyone is reaching way too hard for QBs in the draft, if Canales isn't enamored by anyone in this draft then just look into FA, stick with Dalton, or trade for someone like Spencer Rattler (who we should've f*cking drafted like I wanted to).

This team is so talent bereft on defense that we should realistically be probably drafting the best Edge on the board or trading back for more picks. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Stingray3030 said:

Let's assume Dan and Dave are who we thought they were - the QB cultivator and the tough GM who was held back by Fitts.  If that is true then the 2024 draft will yield 2-3 high end guys, probably XL, Brooks, and Wallace or JT.  Maybe Dave tried to save face for Bryce and let him collapse on field to justify what he already knew - this guy ain't it.  If that is true then we will win 3-4 games this year and probably pick 3-6.  As it stands now there is not a top 5 pick caliber QB out there according to most analysts - if we take one there we are overpaying.  So I would probably take the best available or trade down to a comfortable spot for one of the possible 1st RD QB's like Ward, Beck, "other who rises".  Our defense cannot be overlooked as being atrocious right now too.  We have given up 91 points in 2 games - even if half that is due to poor offense and Bryce we are one of the worst in the league.

Those are some big assumptions. If you think we will get 2-3 high end guys from this draft, I think you are sorely mistaken. I’m assuming high end means above average or top 15 at their position. Our rookies are having a hard time getting snaps and with Brown out right now, our OL might be the only place we have an above average starter. Maybe Horn, but with missed time and honestly, TDs given up so far, I think he’s a bit overrated in here. I think Brooks has that potential, but who knows. I don’t think XL, Sanders and Wallace have that potential.

Also, not sure where you got 91 given up. It’s only been 73, which is still awful but not 91.

When you realize that Brown, maybe Horn and a couple OL is all that we have in the above average player bucket, we really do need successful drafts, really successful. Getting 19 snaps in week 2 is not that. We need pro bowl potential guys at some point and right now that’s only Brown. That’s pretty sad, especially since he’s out for the year.