• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assuming it's done do you select a qb this year or wait?

Panthero

7 hours ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Justin Fields looked pretty damn good Sunday but there is a good chance he never gives up that starting spot and plays himself into a long term deal in Pittsburgh. 

The Vet QB market doesn't look that enticing this year. If they don't go the reclamation project route with guys like Zac Wilson, Trey Lance or Justin Fields there really isn't much there.

One name to keep an eye on would be Drew Lock. 

Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to trading late round draft picks for a guy like Sam Howell either. 

Sam Howell would be an ideal get. He looked very good in the time I saw him playing in Washington. 

28 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

might as well try, give miami a holler and let see whats up

I just saw a tweet that advocated exactly this--Miami might be the only team where Bryce even remotely has a chance.

We have to take our blinders off and realize that for every front office that thinks Bryce is a bust, there's probably 1-2 other front offices that lol at Carolina, don't respect the franchise at all, and think they can now get Bryce at a steal. Teams deceive themselves like this all the time. Case in point, our beloved Carolina Panthers with Darnold and Mayfield.

If he were on another team, I'd expect him to be traded for draft capital at least as good as Rosen was. However, this front office just whiffed on the Burns trade and got way less than they should have, so I expect teams to just wait until Dan waives him.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, rodeo said:

Get a QB. Just look at the Bucs of a few years ago. A nobody, nothing team who got Tom Brady, made a few signings around him, and won the Super Bowl. If there's a special talent in the draft at QB, then get him. I don't know if there is or not tbf, I don't follow the college game.

I don’t mean to be mean, but using an example of a team that had talent all around an interception machine and they just happened to sign the goat QB? I guess our strategy should be to build up a solid team over the next decade around a bad QB and hope Mahomes wants to leave KC to prove a point.

10 hours ago, PanthersNCSU said:

Ideally...

#1 pick, trade down, collect picks.

Build the rest of the team & depth, take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd that Canales likes, sign a Vet to play next year. 

If the 2nd or 3rd round guy hits, beautiful. If not, keep playing roulette in the draft until we find the guy. 

That needs to be SOP until they hit and it still needs to churn behind him. 

• Pie 1