• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assuming it's done do you select a qb this year or wait?

Panthero

9 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Let Canales do what he's proven. Give him a vet QB 28 to 30 yrs old. Let him draft mid to late round QBs he likes. Use draft capital to build the defense for the next 2 drafts.

Trade Young for a top backup QB with potential Canales chooses this week.

I actually don’t hate this idea. You had mentioned Cooper Rush in the other thread. I could get on board with that.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 1

Justin Fields looked pretty damn good Sunday but there is a good chance he never gives up that starting spot and plays himself into a long term deal in Pittsburgh. 

The Vet QB market doesn't look that enticing this year. If they don't go the reclamation project route with guys like Zac Wilson, Trey Lance or Justin Fields there really isn't much there.

One name to keep an eye on would be Drew Lock. 

Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to trading late round draft picks for a guy like Sam Howell either. 

• Pie 1

I say we keep Dalton as the starter for next year depending on how well he looks the rest of the season and bring in another vet QB place holder to be the backup and for competition. Then draft Drew Allar and allow him to sit till he's ready. The more I watch Drew Allar the more I fall in love with him as a QB prospect. The guy has a prototypical build with an absolute cannon for an arm and has shown decent mobility. He's got room to improve his mental part of his game, but I think if he's given time to come in and sit behind an experienced QB like Dalton and behind this Oline I think he could turn out good. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

14 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Bring in a Vet to be the starter draft a QB and let him sit a year and develop.

It’s insane that they make these kids play right away. It’s such a big jump from college to pros… and not just the game but in how they manage their lives off the field.  Plus the teams that draft qbs high usually suck anyways.  Give it a year and take the pressure off of everyone involved. 

• Pie 1

When you add up the amount of draft capital we gave up for Darnold, Baker, and Bryce....  Umm...  No.  We need to build the rest of the team.  Take a flyer on a guys in the later rounds who has a lot of tools, but at the end of the day, we're not a QB away.  We gutted our team to get a QB, and now we're shallow and have glaring issues in several spots.

We need to rebuild, restock, etc.  Then we can figure out if we're ready for a rookie QB.

• Pie 2

I agree we finally need to actually rebuild this team.

I also can agree it would probably be best to let any QB we draft sit a year and develop. At the same time it's not a one size fits all and if and when the time comes for that QB to start he's gotta hit the ground running or the criticism will be even more pronounced. It's a show me something sooner rather than later league now fair or not. We also have to consider that just because Bryce Young failed here does not mean it's because we started him too early. From my perspective from here on out I want any QB we are looking to identify as "our guy" to have been through some kind of adversity at any point in their careers. That builds character. For some reason our scouting process last year focused entirely on the wrong things. That must change wholesale now going forward. Draft football players. Draft competitors. Don't draft just for how well some can charm you at dinner.

• Pie 1