• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How did nobody catch this before drafting him?

Knaakedup

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

Twitter is saying he’s playing bad because his girl left him for an NBA player. Wild excuse. 

She must have left him before his first game last year, thats a long time to grieve needs to find a new girl or girls lol

• Pie 1

On 9/18/2024 at 10:12 AM, jasonluckydog said:

"I was kind of away from football for the most part, just living every other aspect of my life. Just hanging out, being around family, being around friends, getting back to a routine that doesn't revolve as much around football. For me, it was still being able to just enjoy and work out, but the Xs and Os actual football part, kind of stepping away from it."

Go ahead and defend that. I'm a fugkin idiot. Reading comprehension was never my specialty. 

He does later mention his morning workouts and there are videos of him working out with ISM and later TMJ with Mingo. It was a dumb quote/comment for him to make and doesn’t help his case but he definitely worked out over the offseason. At the end of the day it didn’t really matter. 

On 9/18/2024 at 10:12 AM, PNW_PantherMan said:

He even says decompress lol.  Summer of Bryce 100%

The most consequential summer of his life to this point and he's like "meh time to chill".

If that's how he wants to live his life hey all the best. That's not your franchise guy though. Never will be.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, rayzor said:

Could be and I know that people will scoff at this very loose comparison, but it's kind of like The Golden Calf of Bristol (lol Teb0w). Great college QB whose game just didn't translate to the pros. Happens a lot, but doesn't always get caught in time.

Different style of play, but that’s essentially what it looks like. Windows are smaller, guys are faster. If he were 6’3 maybe he can overcome this situation. What you’re going to see from Andy is simply making the plays that are there to be made. Something Bryce hasn’t been able to do. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, frankw said:

The most consequential summer of his life to this point and he's like "meh time to chill".

If that's how he wants to live his life hey all the best. That's not your franchise guy though. Never will be.

Your obsession and hatred for this young man is something you should honestly be ashamed of. You’re grown ass man upset because a young athlete didn’t get you your feel good on Sundays. Seek help, this poo is unhealthy. Respectfully. 

You hear one quote and think you know how this young man spends his time. If you want to criticize his play on the field have at it. But don’t start criticizing his character or work ethic. You don’t become the top prospect in high school with a million in NIL before you ever touch a college field by not putting the work in. And then backing that poo up with a Heisman trophy in the SEC. He deserved to be the #1 overall pick. He earned that poo and you nor any other hater can take that poo from him. 

He hasn’t worked out in the NFL thus far, cool. But all that other noise you talking it’s just hate brother. 

22 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Your obsession and hatred for this young man is something you should honestly be ashamed of. You’re grown ass man upset because a young athlete didn’t get you your feel good on Sundays. Seek help, this poo is unhealthy. Respectfully. 

You hear one quote and think you know how this young man spends his time. If you want to criticize his play on the field have at it. But don’t start criticizing his character or work ethic. You don’t become the top prospect in high school with a million in NIL before you ever touch a college field by not putting the work in. And then backing that poo up with a Heisman trophy in the SEC. He deserved to be the #1 overall pick. He earned that poo and you nor any other hater can take that poo from him. 

He hasn’t worked out in the NFL thus far, cool. But all that other noise you talking it’s just hate brother. 

AceBoogie we don't agree and that's fine. All this other talk about what you perceive to be "hatred" is just you not being able to handle said difference of opinion.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, The Lobo said:

Twitter is saying he’s playing bad because his girl left him for an NBA player. Wild excuse. 

What s the world coming to when you can't keep the average gold digger around with just gold. Now you have to win too. 

On 9/17/2024 at 4:24 AM, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, this is a pretty irrelevant thing, IMO. I really could care less what he was working on. It does show he doesn't seem to have much passion for the sport. At some level, I think that is a core issue. Not that it would make him more talented but if you don't live, eat and breathe football, it's going to be a tough to excel in this league. Especially without elite talent.

There weren't many people I grew up with who were more passionate and more competitive than I was. 

But, I had a couple of issues that led to my not playing in college and beyond. 1) I grew to be 5-7; 2) I'm a good athlete but not a great athlete. Point: No matter how much I cared, my size and talent level were only going to take me so far. So, I had to find another dream. That's the story for most of us. We have to find another dream. It isn't the end of the world.

Concerning Bryce Young, I posted this last January. I don't think I saw one play last year from him where I said "Wow." As a rookie, I wasn't expecting miracles from him. But...as the number 1 pick, I did expect some Wow moments. MOST number 1 picks will have some Wow moments as a rookie. I just didn't see any from him.

• Beer 1