• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How did nobody catch this before drafting him?

Knaakedup

22 hours ago, BamaFan said:

He had zero emotion on the field at Alabama. I’ve coached sports for a while and when I see this from a kid it usually means his parents made him play. I think Bryce did it all for his dad and now he’s just done honestly. Plus I’ve been saying it for years the only reason why he was even relevant is because of the speed Alabama had at wide receiver and running back. He didn’t have to do much they did it all and if you go look at those guys stats in the NFL they are still outstanding weapons. 

also, if you look at the depth he often got to play with behind that stud OL.....it helped him see.  A NFL pocket is just different. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

This quote was a bunch of nothing. He tried to give you a glimpse into his personal life. I’m around athletes bro, nobody working out 24’7. A lot of gaming going on. You’re all idiots if you think he didn’t work in the offseason 

This quote was a bunch of nothing. He tried to give you a glimpse into his personal life. I’m around athletes bro, nobody working out 24’7. A lot of gaming going on. You’re all idiots if you think he didn’t work in the offseason 

"I was kind of away from football for the most part, just living every other aspect of my life. Just hanging out, being around family, being around friends, getting back to a routine that doesn't revolve as much around football. For me, it was still being able to just enjoy and work out, but the Xs and Os actual football part, kind of stepping away from it."

"Legit, it sounds boring, like I'm holding something out, but I'm not. But it's really like I watch YouTube, I watch TV, I watch Netflix, and every once in a while, I'll go someplace to maybe look at some clothes or something. There's nothing really cool that I'm just trying to hang onto. I'm definitely kind of a homebody. I'm an only child, so I'm used to being able to just chill on my own. That's how I decompress. So it's really just that."

Bryce Young 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, jasonluckydog said:

"I was kind of away from football for the most part, just living every other aspect of my life. Just hanging out, being around family, being around friends, getting back to a routine that doesn't revolve as much around football. For me, it was still being able to just enjoy and work out, but the Xs and Os actual football part, kind of stepping away from it."

"Legit, it sounds boring, like I'm holding something out, but I'm not. But it's really like I watch YouTube, I watch TV, I watch Netflix, and every once in a while, I'll go someplace to maybe look at some clothes or something. There's nothing really cool that I'm just trying to hang onto. I'm definitely kind of a homebody. I'm an only child, so I'm used to being able to just chill on my own. That's how I decompress. So it's really just that."

Bryce Young 

He even says decompress lol.  Summer of Bryce 100%

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Go ahead and defend that. I'm a fugkin idiot. Reading comprehension was never my specialty. 

Edited by jasonluckydog

9 hours ago, MRenshaw said:

How did you know? I'm really curious how you made such a prescient call. What did you hear about Bryce and his family?

For a player that must fill a leadership role, I project them as a 1 to 2 decade investment, and collect information on their family structure.

For Bryce, I reviewed and classified his parents' interviews, speaking engagements and publications. This ranged from their time during HS, his success in college and his preparation for the NFL. This was all available knowledge prior to the draft.

There was much to be impressed about, and I understand how anyone would come away thinking Young is polished and ready to be a professional.

In my system, I have a list of 9 red flags for potential championship level leaders, and his family philosophy/structure raised 5 of them. The bold is my past research directly from Young's family. The rest is my assessment with some examples to illustrate the 'family' component of championship leaders in professional sports.

1. Fun fun fun: This is the overall motivator of his family view on sports. This treats sports as a recreational stepping stone. Professional sports are meant to be a passion for excellence to be enjoyed by your audience and celebrated by your team. Joe Montana and Tom Brady are top level examples of this struggle for a passion.

2. Internalizing outer obstacles and adversity into the family unit. This presents a lack of self-reliance and the inability to find ones self to move through adversity as a leader of a championship team. He knows himself more as his father's passions and family virtues. It appears that his parents have not prepared him to ever leave that family unit and form a new family of his own. Todd Marinovich v Peyton Manning family structure/philosophy is a prime example of this effect.

3. Fear of being a cliché. This subconscious anxiety is surfacing now. The family philosophy is hard work and dedication to overcome perceived limitations. This is fall back preparation. Champions never bring up this fear because they know they can win by outworking their competition. A champion will present agile preparation allowing them to be ready to counter the next few moves of their competition or doubters. This is what Drew Brees and Russell Wilson were mentally prepared for coming into the NFL.

4. Deserves rewards from working hard for their family. This positive reinforcement will be counterproductive as a professional. Champions reward themselves by working hard for their team. One must be fair to their invested teammates as family and priority while standing firm on personal virtues that may oppose family desires. This should lead to motivating and inspiring their team. A champion cares for the others on their team and leads them to care for one another. This is their professional marriage and commitment that their parents must encourage for them to take alone. Aaron Rodgers, Troy Aikman and Jim Kelly are the examples of this necessary quality. Jeff George, Josh Rosen and Dan McGwire played to bring home accolades for their parents.

5. Focus is on the family business of psychology and sports training. Professional football is temporary and he must be ready to have a fallback when he wants to get out. Family fall back is their primary goal. Use football for networking. Expand his sphere of influence. "THAT'S THE END GAME." Near and far professional planning are football focused for championship leaders to develop a team into their family and reach for a dynasty together. He should not be concerned with how he impacts his parent's goals or that they're an easy out for him professionally when adversity hits. Jimmy Clausen fell directly into this problem, and Matthew Stafford is the exact opposite of making his own team his family with strong guidance from his well prepared parents to build his own life.

Leadership philosophy is something that comes from family for young athletes going into professional sports. Personal leadership philosophy does not emerge until executive function is observed in late 20s to early 30s. This is why choosing a HC/GM and aligning philosophies of 9 young players' families (core leadership) is crucial for a championship team with dynasty potential.

• Pie 3

I agree whoever said in another thread that Bryce's career began to spiral as soon as real life NFL action came at him in Atlanta. Aside from Houston and the GB game he has pretty much gotten worse every single week. 

That's a mental issue, and as we all know that was his calling card coming out. 

• Beer 2

8 hours ago, rayzor said:

yeah i do think that angle was overplayed. unfortunate that he said it, though, just because you know that people are going to blow it up out of proportion. 

i don't blame anyone between seasons for taking time off for themselves, though. better mentally if you do...especially after a year like last year.

whatever he did to help recover, though...it didn't work. it didn't help him prepare mentally/emotionally for this year. 

Could it be possible that his skill set just doesn’t translate to NFL football? He’s a quarterback that doesn’t have the physical tools to overcome a bad situation. We’ve learned that. If you drop him on San Francisco, maybe he’s still ass or maybe he looks different. Either way we have to stop making this something it isn’t just because of personal feelings against the kid. 

He’s not a leader or hard worker. Combine that with the lack of physical talent and this is what you get. The fact he’s “pissed” I’m even skeptical about, I think he thinks he has to say that. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Could it be possible that his skill set just doesn’t translate to NFL football? He’s a quarterback that doesn’t have the physical tools to overcome a bad situation. We’ve learned that. If you drop him on San Francisco, maybe he’s still ass or maybe he looks different. Either way we have to stop making this something it isn’t just because of personal feelings against the kid. 

Could be and I know that people will scoff at this very loose comparison, but it's kind of like The Golden Calf of Bristol (lol Teb0w). Great college QB whose game just didn't translate to the pros. Happens a lot, but doesn't always get caught in time.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

The personal feelings thing is overblown I think. There is a lot of frustration. I don't think people want him punished or anything, just off the field with that kind of quarterbacking. 

He doesn't translate as he is currently configured. We have all been watching it fail. There may not be anything he can physically do to make things enough better that he gets his dream. Not everyone does. 

• Pie 1

One thing I learned from this entire Bryce Young situation, is that 98% of all people online commenting on this situation have never seen 1 Panther football game with him behind center.

its just…” man I feel bad for the guy, being thrown into a crap organization with no help” comments.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 5

On 9/17/2024 at 11:26 AM, BamaFan said:

I think Bryce did it all for his dad and now he’s just done honestly. 

I wouldn't be surprised if his dad has been pushing the whole football thing his whole life. His whole grift creeps me out, his twitter account is borderline obsessed with being a sports father, like to an unhealthy level.