• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How did nobody catch this before drafting him?

Knaakedup

59 minutes ago, Candler Cat said:

i'm not totally convinced he's done here, the noncommittal answer to who's QB1 the rest of the season makes me think they're going to wait and see how BY reacts to being benched, does he pull himself up by the bootstraps and get to work, or does he head home for some CoD?

It is about like dating a girl, dumping the girl, and then getting back with the girl.  Just awkward, but it has happened before.  I imagine they will see if there is any trade interest and then proceed. 

These past 2 games, with an improved WR room, stud OL, good RB, Bryce was the worst QB on record for 2 games.  If you go back to the last two games of 2023, the offense he led scored 13 points in 4 games--that is basically a field goal.  We wanted to see improvement--he got worse.

30 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

It is about like dating a girl, dumping the girl, and then getting back with the girl.  Just awkward, but it has happened before.  I imagine they will see if there is any trade interest and then proceed. 

These past 2 games, with an improved WR room, stud OL, good RB, Bryce was the worst QB on record for 2 games.  If you go back to the last two games of 2023, the offense he led scored 13 points in 4 games--that is basically a field goal.  We wanted to see improvement--he got worse.

When has it happened before  in this capacity? 

He had zero emotion on the field at Alabama. I’ve coached sports for a while and when I see this from a kid it usually means his parents made him play. I think Bryce did it all for his dad and now he’s just done honestly. Plus I’ve been saying it for years the only reason why he was even relevant is because of the speed Alabama had at wide receiver and running back. He didn’t have to do much they did it all and if you go look at those guys stats in the NFL they are still outstanding weapons. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

18 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

I caught it with my research/assessment. I also caught hate for it too when I made it known.

His parents both spoke about it and Young was clear on how he looked at his football journey in life.

I can dig it back up if I have to, but at least people are waking up now. I thought Tepper wouldn't do this until next season because of Nicole hanging on to her QB pick like they've hung on to Chuba. Maybe Tepper convinced her to move on quickly like he does from his employees in other businesses.

How did you know? I'm really curious how you made such a prescient call. What did you hear about Bryce and his family?

On 9/16/2024 at 11:33 PM, Knaakedup said:

This was a Reddit thread today that I stumbled upon. 

Did anyone catch this before the season started?? Red flag central. After the rookie season you had, saying you just took the summer off and watched YouTube and Netflix to just “chill” is the opposite of what I want in my teams QB. The faintest glimmer of empathy I had vanished when I read this. The real reason for his regression? He lays it all out there for you to read. He’s a unserious football player. 

IMG_6434.png

Many people actually talked about / mentioned it. I honestly feel like he has just come from privilege his entire life and just assumes he'll be good enough to do anything. I was hoping last year would be a reality check for him, but the guy has no initiative or desire to be great (at least as a quarterback).

Again, I'm hoping this benching will be the wake-up call he needs to hit the weight room, do a ton of film study, and work hard in the off-season/practices. But I'm not holding my breath... I think when we finally release him after his 4 years are done with us, some other team will probably pick him up and think they will be the savior he needs. I'm sure they will quickly realize he is beyond repair and isn't talented enough for the NFL and that will probably be the last of Bryce. I'm sure the SEC network will happily hire him though

Edited by PleaseCutStewart
  • Pie 1

On 9/16/2024 at 11:42 PM, jasonluckydog said:

Yep. Most QBs are working with wrs during the off-season.  Most QBs invest in themselves during the off-season. Not our guy. Get that PS5 fired up. 

This quote was a bunch of nothing. He tried to give you a glimpse into his personal life. I’m around athletes bro, nobody working out 24’7. A lot of gaming going on. You’re all idiots if you think he didn’t work in the offseason 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

20 hours ago, BamaFan said:

He had zero emotion on the field at Alabama. I’ve coached sports for a while and when I see this from a kid it usually means his parents made him play. I think Bryce did it all for his dad and now he’s just done honestly. Plus I’ve been saying it for years the only reason why he was even relevant is because of the speed Alabama had at wide receiver and running back. He didn’t have to do much they did it all and if you go look at those guys stats in the NFL they are still outstanding weapons. 

i think it had more to do with stoicism that was engrained in him his whole life by his parents. whatever you do, control your emotions...keep them under check and don't let anyone see them. when you do show them, keep them measured.

it does seem like he's someone whose whole life would have been about winning his parents approval. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

This quote was a bunch of nothing. He tried to give you a glimpse into his personal life. I’m around athletes bro, nobody working out 24’7. A lot of gaming going on. You’re all idiots if you think he didn’t work in the offseason 

yeah i do think that angle was overplayed. unfortunate that he said it, though, just because you know that people are going to blow it up out of proportion. 

i don't blame anyone between seasons for taking time off for themselves, though. better mentally if you do...especially after a year like last year.

whatever he did to help recover, though...it didn't work. it didn't help him prepare mentally/emotionally for this year. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

I mean it's kind of like when someone is asked what their hobbies are at work and they say video games.  Like we know man.  Everyone here plays video games.  It's just the people with hobbies worth talking about are gonna say something else.