• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How did nobody catch this before drafting him?

Knaakedup

You never want to hear your franchise player say that after a season full of horrible perfomances.

We need to use this as a very costly learning experience and completely change the way we evaluate draft prospects going forward especially QB's. I highlighted this in another thread.

• Pie 3

21 minutes ago, frankw said:

You never want to hear your franchise player say that after a season full of horrible perfomances.

We need to use this as a very costly learning experience and completely change the way we evaluate draft prospects going forward especially QB's. I highlighted this in another thread.

I know nothing but my formula would probably be something like...

1st, run the gauntlet of tools and evaluate each tool, you pass that then we move on to mentality. 

edit: you could probably reverse the order, still be good.

Edited by strato

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It actually got talked about a decent amount here.

I mean, it just doesn't matter. He doesn't have the physical talent. No amount of work he can put in is changing it.

He hit the lottery. Good for him. Now he’s set for life. Just have to hang on two more years and he never has to work a day in his life. 

3 hours ago, FutureDynasty said:

Say what you want about Cam, but I never questioned if he cared or wanted to win. All of the top tier players in the NFL have a burning desire to be the best. I've never seen Bryce show ANY passion for the game or to win.

He's a bust.

Can you imagine the backlash if Cam had said this after his Rookie year? You know the one that set records. People would have called him every name in the book because they were looking for any reason to hate him. I hope all the Panther "fans" that shat on Cam every chance they got realize how fuging stupid they were. 

• Pie 8

4 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

I caught it with my research/assessment. I also caught hate for it too when I made it known.

His parents both spoke about it and Young was clear on how he looked at his football journey in life.

I can dig it back up if I have to, but at least people are waking up now. I thought Tepper wouldn't do this until next season because of Nicole hanging on to her QB pick like they've hung on to Chuba. Maybe Tepper convinced her to move on quickly like he does from his employees in other businesses.

Chuba? Chuba has done nothing but produce and improve, even when the O-line sucked. He's proven his pro status. Bryce? That's a different animal.

• Beer 5

22 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Can you imagine the backlash if Cam had said this after his Rookie year? You know the one that set records. People would have called him every name in the book because they were looking for any reason to hate him. I hope all the Panther "fans" that shat on Cam every chance they got realize how fuging stupid they were. 

Yeah I remember Cam setting up training sessions in the off-season with his WRs, not sitting at Mommy and Daddy's house watching Netflix and playing PlayStation. He simply doesn't have what it takes to make it in the NFL mentally or physically. I'm sure Canales has noticed that and is probably one of the deciding factors in benching his @$$.

• Pie 1

I like the kid and wish him well, but he's not a dog.  He is an only child who rode a pretty narly wave until he wiped out.  Now, does he get back on his board and seek another wave or does he paddle to shore because he got water in his ear? 

surfing wipeout GIF

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

34 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I think the dude is just mentally broken when it comes to real live action game time.  Not sure how or if you can fix that but sitting and watching a vet is about all you can hope for I guess.

i'm not totally convinced he's done here, the noncommittal answer to who's QB1 the rest of the season makes me think they're going to wait and see how BY reacts to being benched, does he pull himself up by the bootstraps and get to work, or does he head home for some CoD?

• Pie 3

9 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I think the work ethic required to play qb in the nfl at a high level is overlooked

Talent aside, as a competitor, looking at how last year went, if that didn’t light a fire in him then nothing will 

Yep, it sounds like he wanted to get as far away from football as possible.

45 minutes ago, Candler Cat said:

i'm not totally convinced he's done here, the noncommittal answer to who's QB1 the rest of the season makes me think they're going to wait and see how BY reacts to being benched, does he pull himself up by the bootstraps and get to work, or does he head home for some CoD?

A lot will depend on how Dalton does. If Dalton is good enough, it's over.