• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quinn Ewers

scratched

29 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I would be ecstatic if Beck or Ewers fell to the 3rd.  Ewers just had a bad game vs an incredible defense.  He still has a ton of good tape.  Beck has incredible physical tools and great mechanics its just his processing that I struggle with but IMO both would be great value late 2nd/3rd.  Perfect guys to draft to sit and develop.   I mean Beck had some great games last year vs ranked teams and good defenses and same with ewers this year.  He picked apart Mich.  Last night was just brutal as his line just gave up

I’d consider Ewers in the 2nd (without moving up for him). 

13 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

My personal favorite QB right now in this coming draft class is Garrett Nussmeir from LSU... I truly believe the dude has that moxie, it factor to be a star in the NFL and LSU has produced a couple of good QBs lately with Jayden Daniels and Joe Borrow. We will have to figure out a way to gain a 2nd round pick though.

The LSU offense seems to translate easier to the NFL. I’m assuming Kelly runs a NFL offense with progressions etc…

I honestly wouldn't even consider Ewers prior to the 3rd. He absolutely cannot deal with pressure. He's a pure pocket passer. Not just pocket passer but a spot passer. He has to be comfortable on his spot to pass well. If you can force him to move or even think about moving he's cooked. NFL games are chaos. You're going to get pressured, I don't care how good your OL is. We saw Ewers operate in chaos last night. It was ugly.

35 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

My personal favorite QB right now in this coming draft class is Garrett Nussmeir from LSU... I truly believe the dude has that moxie, it factor to be a star in the NFL and LSU has produced a couple of good QBs lately with Jayden Daniels and Joe Borrow. We will have to figure out a way to gain a 2nd round pick though.

I don’t watch much college ball and I’m not saying you’re wrong, but after Bryce, every time I hear “it factor” as a selling point I cringe hard.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly wouldn't even consider Ewers prior to the 3rd. He absolutely cannot deal with pressure. He's a pure pocket passer. Not just pocket passer but a spot passer. He has to be comfortable on his spot to pass well. If you can force him to move or even think about moving he's cooked. NFL games are chaos. You're going to get pressured, I don't care how good your OL is. We saw Ewers operate in chaos last night. It was ugly.

His OL couldn’t do anything though. It was like watching Stroud against the Ravens in the playoffs. If you have no blocking you simply can’t make your passes at 100%. I wouldn’t use one game to write him off. He has some nice arm talent that can’t be coached.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

His OL couldn’t do anything though. It was like watching Stroud against the Ravens in the playoffs. If you have no blocking you simply can’t make your passes at 100%. I wouldn’t use one game to write him off. He has some nice arm talent that can’t be coached.

To be fair, I've never been high on Ewers. 

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

yeah and up until last night he excelled vs top tier competition.  I wouldnt take him in the top 10 but poo if he started falling on day 2 I would be intrigued.   He has some next level throws on tape for sure.  And like I said Becks throwing motion and mechanics are a spitting image of Stroud but there is jsut something about him that makes me shy away from him.  The pimping of the lambo preseason was pretty cringe all things considered.

• Pie 1