• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quinn Ewers

scratched

On 9/16/2024 at 9:41 PM, SOJA said:

If we draft Ewers I will legitimately be done with this team, happy to eat crow but I just don't see that guy being a good NFL QB, he's a big name that people know that's it. 

For the love of good Tepper if you are reading this. We are not "just" a QB away. Please use this draft to trade down and build the team. Unless there is an obvious 1.1 QB there at seasons end do not reach for QB just to have your new shiny toy. This team sucks ass 

I said what I said 

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

Are we being reactive again?

Yep. His offense was clearly outmatched by UGA’s defense. Not sure that affects the prospect too much. I thought he was a bottom half of the first guy anyway so it doesn’t matter to me unless he falls to the 2nd. 

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Yep. His offense was clearly outmatched by UGA’s defense. Not sure that affects the prospect too much. I thought he was a bottom half of the first guy anyway so it doesn’t matter to me unless he falls to the 2nd. 

He took a kill shot from an unblocked free rusher who might as well have announced he was coming. He looked like Bryce young out there: Bryce in the nfl I mean 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Neither Ewers or Beck really ever struck me as high level NFL prospects.

There’s going to be a weird rumor coming out about beck like he had nerve damage from finishing his sleeve because he has looked progressively worse over the past seven or so games. 

kinda like how Blair Walsh was dumped by his girlfriend and couldn’t kick anymore. 

• Pie 1

Wouldn't touch either of these guys in the first three rounds personally. 

This feels very much like the Kenny Pickett draft to me. We hype up these guys all year then come draft time the media acts shocked when teams don't want to overdraft them 

1 minute ago, SOJA said:

Wouldn't touch either of these guys in the first three rounds personally. 

This feels very much like the Kenny Pickett draft to me. We hype up these guys all year then come draft time the media acts shocked when teams don't want to overdraft them 

I would be ecstatic if Beck or Ewers fell to the 3rd.  Ewers just had a bad game vs an incredible defense.  He still has a ton of good tape.  Beck has incredible physical tools and great mechanics its just his processing that I struggle with but IMO both would be great value late 2nd/3rd.  Perfect guys to draft to sit and develop.   I mean Beck had some great games last year vs ranked teams and good defenses and same with ewers this year.  He picked apart Mich.  Last night was just brutal as his line just gave up

• Poo 1

It's insane how so many in sports media - and some fans - are pushing Beck and Ewers as franchise QBs while nit-picking every reason in the world why Shedeur Sanders and Cam Ward aren't.

I think both Sanders and Ward have legit franchise QB potential; I wouldn't touch Beck before the 3rd round and Ewers before the 5th. It's as clear cut a case of QBs being propped up by the talent around them as I've seen. Sanders has Travis Hunter and that's it; Ward has a good team around him at Miami, but has proven at Washington State he can carry a team that's not stacked with talent.

My top-5 QBs as of right now:

1. Shedeur Sanders (Top-10)
2. Cam Ward (Top-10)
3. Garrett Nussmeier (2nd-3rd round)
4. Jalen Milroe (2nd-3rd round)
5. Carson Beck (3rd round)

My personal favorite QB right now in this coming draft class is Garrett Nussmeir from LSU... I truly believe the dude has that moxie, it factor to be a star in the NFL and LSU has produced a couple of good QBs lately with Jayden Daniels and Joe Borrow. We will have to figure out a way to gain a 2nd round pick though.