• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quinn Ewers

scratched

2 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I think people are making too much of this idea.  Even for as revered as the Manning family is, if they're really the only ones to do that since John Elway, and do it twice, then a lot of people will turn on them in the football community.

Nobody in the NFL cares if you are a good guy or a bad guy or that you tried to manipulate your own career. All that matters is that you win. Peyton and Eli won multiple super bowls, nobody cared that they forced their own draft choice. The Golden Calf of Bristol is a God-fearing Christian and he couldn't play QB so he is gone. TO was one of the biggest divas but he produced so teams continually gave him second chances after second chances. At the end of the day, it's all about production. 

• Pie 1

Ward or Dart, depending on round.
Ewers too hurt all the time

Sanders is impressive but showed a lack of skill vs. Nebraska.  Is he a team player or does he suffer from genetic meism.

Beck plays behind a great OL and no longer has a great TE and Ladd.  Struggled vs. KY--I think he is a second rounder who will be overdrafted in mid round 1.

Milroe is rising, but when you play behind a great team, how good are you on a bad team?

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Nobody in the NFL cares if you are a good guy or a bad guy or that you tried to manipulate your own career. All that matters is that you win. Peyton and Eli won multiple super bowls, nobody cared that they forced their own draft choice. The Golden Calf of Bristol is a God-fearing Christian and he couldn't play QB so he is gone. TO was one of the biggest divas but he produced so teams continually gave him second chances after second chances. At the end of the day, it's all about production. 

Totally different scenarios, especially TO, but even Eli and Arch

The game has changed today (and by game, I don't mean football, but the media and image game) and nobody knows it better than the Manning family.  You start your career by causing a social media uproar because you're trying to dictate where you play, it's not going to help your endorsement deals and media likability.  

Just look at how much Deion got ripped into by everyone for saying he was going to only allow his son to play for a select few teams.  He got torn up for that and everyone knew it wasn't even that serious of a threat.  And Caleb Williams was getting ripped on social media when there were rumors that he was forcing the Bears to trade the pick or not to draft him, and those obviously weren't true.

I think if someone were to do it now, it would really hurt that player's image.  Sure if they win in the long run they'll be fine, but the Manning family is so media savvy these days, that I don't think they'd want to start him off on that foot and take years to overcome it.

Cam proved you can be marketable playing for the Panthers, I think they'd look at Tepper's desire to win as a positive thing and that with the right QB in place, the rest could fall into place and allow him to put a winner together.

But again, if they really didn't want him here, think the "easy" way out for them would be to pull a Luck and go back to school for another season.  Sure it starts his NFL contract clock a season later, but he'd make a killing in NIL for the season and the family isn't hurting for money anyways.  They'd sell it as wanting to get him a full second season as a starter before going to the NFL so it didn't seem like he was dodging us.

4 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I think people are making too much of this idea.  Even for as revered as the Manning family is, if they're really the only ones to do that since John Elway, and do it twice, then a lot of people will turn on them in the football community.

I think if social media was what it is today, when Eli was drafted, that wouldn't have gone over like it did, social media would have a field day with it.

Plus, if we're smart and draft a true #1 WR with our first rounder this year, I think that alone could be very attractive to Arch and the family with already having that at his disposal.  Eli and his dad didn't force their way out of SD because they were just a mess of a franchise, it was because at the time everyone knew the ownership wasn't really all that interested in trying to win, they just wanted to make money off the NFL team they owned.  

And despite all the dumb decisions Tepper has made, nobody can argue that he's just in it for the money, all he wants to do is win, and I think that would be a key difference to the Manning clan than with what happened with the Chargers and Eli back in the day.

The funniest part of that whole debacle is that the Chargers ended up with by far the better QB in that draft and people only forget it because somehow the Giants tripped their way into 2 fluke championships

I don't think, under any circumstance, you plan to take a player in 2026 in early 2025 as part of your long-term QB strategy.  We go after QB until we no longer need one.  That begins now, not in the 2026 draft.

Here is the question:  What do you do with Bryce right now?  Dalton has expressed excitement for the chance to start and expresses sympathy for Bryce.  This creates an awkward situation, like dating a girl when her ex-boyfriend is at the restaurant, staring at you, crying. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I don't think, under any circumstance, you plan to take a player in 2026 in early 2025 as part of your long-term QB strategy.  We go after QB until we no longer need one.  That begins now, not in the 2026 draft.

Here is the question:  What do you do with Bryce right now?  Dalton has expressed excitement for the chance to start and expresses sympathy for Bryce.  This creates an awkward situation, like dating a girl when her ex-boyfriend is at the restaurant, staring at you, crying. 

you have to tried bryce, he cannot be hanging around the locker room all things considered.  Hes shot and his teammates have no faith in him and he knows it.  You got to move him and bring plummer up or sign someone.  Its a wrap

11 hours ago, SOJA said:

If we draft Ewers I will legitimately be done with this team, happy to eat crow but I just don't see that guy being a good NFL QB, he's a big name that people know that's it. 

For the love of good Tepper if you are reading this. We are not "just" a QB away. Please use this draft to trade down and build the team. Unless there is an obvious 1.1 QB there at seasons end do not reach for QB just to have your new shiny toy. This team sucks ass 

I will wholeheartedly disagree with everything you said. Quinn Ewers will be a good NFL QB. His only knock is his injury history. You gotta go watch the throws he can make and what he’s done under pressure. That’s the biggest thing that sets him apart. Bryce was always god awful under pressure and being blitzed in college and somehow that was overlooked coming into the NFL. Ewers doesn’t have that problem. 

• Pie 3

How about this. If Seattle cuts Geno we sign him as a bridge and draft a project like Donovan Smith in the later rounds to develop and learn for a while. Then we can evaluate and look at that 26 class with Nico and Arch? This gives us some stability in Geno and a young QB to watch develop while we wait on our move. 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

How about this. If Seattle cuts Geno we sign him as a bridge and draft a project like Donovan Smith in the later rounds to develop and learn for a while. Then we can evaluate and look at that 26 class with Nico and Arch? This gives us some stability in Geno and a young QB to watch develop while we wait on our move. 

why would they cut geno?