• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quinn Ewers

scratched

This team lacks overall talent and depth. We need a pass rusher, second corner, a backer, LT, and another receiver at the very least.

Its early and I’m not discounting that one if these QBs can really establish themselves, but do we really want to drop another QB in this poo show?  

• Beer 1

If we draft Ewers I will legitimately be done with this team, happy to eat crow but I just don't see that guy being a good NFL QB, he's a big name that people know that's it. 

For the love of good Tepper if you are reading this. We are not "just" a QB away. Please use this draft to trade down and build the team. Unless there is an obvious 1.1 QB there at seasons end do not reach for QB just to have your new shiny toy. This team sucks ass 

19 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

This team lacks overall talent and depth. We need a pass rusher, second corner, a backer, LT, and another receiver at the very least.

It’s early and I’m not discounting that one if these QBs can really establish themselves, but do we really want to drop another QB in this poo show?  

Icky has played pretty solid so far this year. He had a streaky sophomore season in a new scheme, but he might be good when it’s all said and done. Honestly our OL as a whole looks decent so far…

• Pie 4

12 minutes ago, Shocker said:

He is undersized with average arm and limited athleticism.  Just saying.

Build the team and wait till 2026.  Draft the best QB there and if they warn they won’t play here let them sit the season 

Average arm does not go with Quinn Ewers, dude has a cannon.

1 minute ago, Jaxel said:

Average arm does not go with Quinn Ewers, dude has a cannon.

No he doesn’t…beautiful thrower no doubt but not elite arm but NFL standards.  His side arm delivery is also concerning.  He is a solid 2nd round QB at best

Edited by Shocker

2 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I think people are making too much of this idea.  Even for as revered as the Manning family is, if they're really the only ones to do that since John Elway, and do it twice, then a lot of people will turn on them in the football community.

I think if social media was what it is today, when Eli was drafted, that wouldn't have gone over like it did, social media would have a field day with it.

Plus, if we're smart and draft a true #1 WR with our first rounder this year, I think that alone could be very attractive to Arch and the family with already having that at his disposal.  Eli and his dad didn't force their way out of SD because they were just a mess of a franchise, it was because at the time everyone knew the ownership wasn't really all that interested in trying to win, they just wanted to make money off the NFL team they owned.  

And despite all the dumb decisions Tepper has made, nobody can argue that he's just in it for the money, all he wants to do is win, and I think that would be a key difference to the Manning clan than with what happened with the Chargers and Eli back in the day.

From what I read at the time it was because they didn’t want Eli and Peyton both in the AFC competing against each other.