• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Brian Callahan manages QBs

NAS

Disclaimer - I would take Levis in a heartbeat over Bryce Young.  Cannon for an arm and actually played decent in both games this year but has a knack for making dumb turnovers.  

Callahan is who we really needed, he doesn't coddle him, called him out privately and publicly.   I applaud him for this

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brian-callahan-i-dont-regret-reaction-to-will-levis-fumble

Titans head coach Brian Callahan isn’t losing any sleep about blowing his top on Sunday.

Quarterback Will Levis’s decision to try a lateral while under pressure in the first half of a 24-17 loss to the Jets led to a turnover and Callahan responded by asking Levis “what the f—k” he was doing as Levis came off the field. After the game, Callahan called it a “dumb” play and noted that it was the second straight week that Levis has turned the ball over in that fashion.

On Monday, Callahan said he wasn’t remorseful for how he reacted.

“I don’t regret my feelings about it and how I felt in the moment,” Callahan said, via Turron Davenport of ESPN.com. “I am generally pretty composed. That one just set me off, and I, I’m human like everybody else. I have blackout moments where I’ll lose my mind.”

It’s generally not a winning plan to employ a quarterback who creates blackout moments when coaches lose their minds, so Levis will need to clean up the play that’s led to five turnovers already this season.

Edited by NAS

It was refreshing and 100% preferred callhan over Canales. 

Panthers cuked that one up by letting him out the door the first time. He was scheduled to have a 2nd interview the day after the titans one, but they wouldnt allow him to leave. Morgan moved fast to try and save face by hiring his buddy mr.happy soon after. 

Just another huge mistake in the recent panthers history.  

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

It was refreshing and 100% preferred callhan over Canales. 

Panthers cuked that one up by letting him out the door the first time. He was scheduled to have a 2nd interview the day after the titans one, but they wouldnt allow him to leave. Morgan moved fast to try and save face by hiring his buddy mr.happy soon after. 

Just another huge mistake in the recent panthers history.  

Too soon to bash Canales. Let's see how he does with a QB who can throw it farther than 10 yards. 

1 minute ago, Wolfcop said:

Too soon to bash Canales. Let's see how he does with a QB who can throw it farther than 10 yards. 

SO you have seen enough of Bryce Young now??

In honestly- it doesnt matter who is the HC for the next two years, might as well be someone like canales. Much like frank, he knew after 15mins of watching young practice what his faith was. No HC in history is winning with this group of lower level players.