• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Monday Brew: Decision on QB change about best chance to win this week

Carolina Panthers

3 minutes ago, chknwing said:

Cannalas was brought into evaluate Bryce, fix him if possible.  Bryce got a 2 game leash and got yanked.

Imagine if there were a way for him to evaluate bryce...maybe in a less intense setting without it actually affecting the season.  Maybe these less intense situational performances could happen before the season, like maybe we could call it a preseason...and then you could play him and see if he starts clicking or if theres a better option...nah...that sounds crazy

• Flames 1

21 minutes ago, chknwing said:

Cannalas was brought into evaluate Bryce, fix him if possible.  Bryce got a 2 game leash and got yanked.

He had a year on tape, he had the entire offseason, Bryce just totally failed the test. So bad that it wasn't borderline.

I guess that is the one thing I will give him credit for, he left no doubt and made it an easy decision.

As far as Canales, you guys will get off his back if you know what's best. He has a lot of headroom to grow. This is a trial by big fire. It's hot. He is handling it so far.

[you can have a different opinion, I've heard the outcoached. I'll just say I like how he is handling it]

He doesn't bullshit much except for the sunshine stuff at times. His focus is really good, it is on the right things (offensively anyway), in my opinion. 

We haven't seen his offense. They surely hired him at TB with an eye for him complimenting their philosophy and being a good match but he had guidance from someone and parameters to work inside. Like joining a band in a style of music. You are gonna lay off what you like to do that doesn't fit with them. 

He doesn't have any guidance right now other than what he wants it to be. I think he's pretty sharp. Optimistic about him. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

37 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Imagine if there were a way for him to evaluate bryce...maybe in a less intense setting without it actually affecting the season.  Maybe these less intense situational performances could happen before the season, like maybe we could call it a preseason...and then you could play him and see if he starts clicking or if theres a better option...nah...that sounds crazy

I think we can all read between the tea  leaves now.  Dave didn’t play him in preseason because he saw he wasn’t ready!  If you aren’t starting your QB then you have to sit the other starters, which set them back.  He was hiding him, working with him, trying to fix him before he couldn’t hide him anymore.  And with all that, he put the whole team behind!

• Pie 1