• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Bryce Young and those close to him "very shocked" at the organization's decision to bench him.

FutureDynasty

It was the right move and I, too, am surprised they made it.

The team is bigger than Bryce. (Of course there isn't much that isn't).

But canales wasn't brought in just for Bryce. He was brought in to coach the Panthers. If Bruce is holding the team back, the team needs to move on.

If bryce wants his spot back, he's got to fugin earn it back. Find that fight and get some confidence. But don't expect the teamm to wait for you. They've been waiting too long as it is.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

It was the right move and I, too, am surprised they made it.

The team is bigger than Bryce. (Of course there isn't much that isn't).

But canales wasn't brought in just for Bryce. He was brought in to coach the Panthers. If Bruce is holding the team back, the team needs to move on.

If bryce wants his spot back, he's got to fugin earn it back. Find that fight and get some confidence. But don't expect the teamm to wait for you. They've been waiting too long as it is.

I imagine his body language this next week will be very telling of whether he's pissed, motivated, or just aloof/disinterested and content with the money. 

8 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Every single thing about him reminds me of Jimmy Clausen.  I remember after jimmy won his first game as a panther he gave John Skelton "advice" to improve his game, like he was any good whatsoever.  I get the vibe from him that Bryce thinks he's fine, nothing about his preparation going into the season made me think he learned from mistakes.  He's getting a steady stream of rainbows and sunshine pumped right up his ass so he has an overly inflated self worth. hopefully he improves with this wakeup call, but I dont think theres enough competitor in him, hes just a sulky spoiled kid who hasnt had to earn his place on a team since he was 12.

I was thinking about the similarities with Jimmy checkdown too. Sad thing is I think Clausen has probably shown more promise

I gotta say I still don't care for a lot of Hudders' inclination to go after Bryce's size in times like this. If anything I think he proved that his size didn't really matter. He is physically tough as nails and to give credit where it's due, every time he was flattened by a DE he popped back up.

He unfortunately sucks as a player and if he was 6'5'' 230lbs, he would still suck. Sure he has to hop to throw a screen and might struggle to see the field, but those are issues that can be overcome. Unfortunately I think his problems are mental, which is worse.

6 minutes ago, rodeo said:

I gotta say I still don't care for a lot of Hudders' inclination to go after Bryce's size in times like this. If anything I think he proved that his size didn't really matter. He is physically tough as nails and to give credit where it's due, every time he was flattened by a DE he popped back up.

He unfortunately sucks as a player and if he was 6'5'' 230lbs, he would still suck. Sure he has to hop to throw a screen and might struggle to see the field, but those are issues that can be overcome. Unfortunately I think his problems are mental, which is worse.

I would say fear of throwing deep/arm strength, not stepping up into the pocket (which might be height related), and being finger tackled by guys are size/strength related. That being said we never really thought about PJ's size as what held him back from being starter level and he's just 5'11" and maybe 10 pounds more muscle than BY. I think patience was over when he came back to OTA's and pretty much hadn't worked on getting bigger/stronger/faster and was so laid back about it. Just no urgency or hunger in his demeanor, makes him hard to root for or take seriously

• Pie 3

5 hours ago, rodeo said:

He's been doing the jump throw on a regular basis out there with both feet off the ground.

Safe to say yes the size concerns were legitimate.

It is what it is.

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I don't see how he can get in front of the media this week, even in the locker room come to think of it. Sounds distracting for the rest of the team and awkward for him

all the coachspeak, lord speak or whatever he is going to say isnt going to make this less awkward.  He knows the team gave up on him, the coach thinks he cannot win and now the fans know it.  You got move him for everyones sake  

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Beer 1