• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Bryce Young and those close to him "very shocked" at the organization's decision to bench him.

FutureDynasty

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

I can't say if he earned it or not but i can say what I observed and he had it easy AF compared to the rest of the quarterback class.

Bryce Young was unequivocally handled with kid gloves throughout the lead up to the draft over and over and over and over in relation to the other QB prospects. Even after the shenanigans with the combine and very obvious manipulation of his official weight.

CJ Stroud was raked over the coals for everything from his upbringing regarding his father to playing on a stacked team with the best WR's in the country (hello irony) to not being a real leader to having a low football IQ to being "uncoachable" to not attending The Forehead's (Peyton Manning) passing camp or whatever the hell it was to even being criticized for attending an awards show wearing "too much" jewelry (a single gold chain around his neck). His character was attacked very similarly to Cam Newton.

Will Levis was regarded as an awkward meathead who possibly wouldn't last in an NFL locker room.

Anthony Richardson was criticized with the usual tropes of having little to no football IQ and just having a big arm with inconsistent accuracy.

Bryce did not deserve a pass from all that scrutiny. He's been coddled for a long time now. Truth is truth.

Well said.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Bryce looks like a fraud right now. Sad to see. I hope by some miracle he resurges and shows us what we all wanted to see. But what blows my mind is that he's made it this far in his career with these kinds of underlying issues.

And that might have a lot to do with the fact that he's been coddled and groomed for his opportunities since the beginning. Had Bryce Young come from a local NC High School I would imagine he would have been concussed, or possibly taken too much wear and tear to make it to the college game. Or simply would have gone to a lesser tier school and got exposed or looked like a JAG.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Dave Canales literally stood in front of the masses and said Bryce was their guy and starting vs Oakland  yesterday.  No dancing, hesitation, or leaving a door cracked to tape.

so given THAT? I could see team Bryce surprised it came today.  Mentally you got at least another week after Dave spoke on it yesterday. 

I mean I would have benched him sooner.  He needed to be benched.  But folks are in pile on mode.  EVERYONE here was surprised too given what the HC said yesterday 

fair

4 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

There are way to many news sources now that simply want clicks.  I seriously doubt he was shocked.  

No kidding. No actual person who’s watched us play would be surprised and “sources” is literally meaningless. We see that every year with the draft where we had “sources” saying we were drafting AR, Stroud, Young and even Levis. These news outlets can basically say anything they want without have true/real sources versus Bob from Boise saying he heard something.

I didn’t want us to draft Bryce and I’m glad the experiment is over, but Jesus, some of you guys have too much hatred.

You would think he sucked in college and his  parents just bought him a NCAA championship and a Heisman. He’s not the first guy to be great in college and suck in the NFL.

Unironically, if he really loves to play football, he needs to go the Doug Flutie route. Go kick some ass in Canada and give it another shot later as a backup 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Being "shocked" at the decision is clear sign he was not getting appropriate feedback this whole time. When you're given "good jobs" and "atta boys" then have the rug pulled out from you, you become shocked.

I can promise you he’s been getting his share of “you effing suck”s from his teammates if not on the sidelines then in the locker room. Generationally bad qb.

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They're shocked he's no longer being coddled. Hell, I am too to be honest.

But Bryce has been playing this game for a long time. No player who has been playing as bad as he has since suiting up in the NFL should be shocked they finally got benched.

Watching the game yesterday just frustrated me. Watching Bryce plaything scared, and incapable of throwing a ball away instead of taking a sack. 

I was surprised to see him benched, although it's absolutely the right decision.  

• Pie 2